News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 shifting Problem

Started by fadan133, May 20, 2012, 07:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadan133

Rebuilt 74 727 trans, trango 2 KIT added to valve body. PROBLEM: shifts from 1st to 2nd as soon as you start moving in "Drive". rest of the shifts good RPM, all shifts nice and firm.
CAR 74 dart, 318 mild build, 9" ford rear with 3:91 gears. Took it back out have it torn down, clean nothing sticking.

Please any help..  Thank you

67 Slim

Cooter

Typical problem. You are running a regular passenger car Govenor  in the trans that isn't set up like the Earlier Musclecars, OR like any Trans today. No, you won't get any higher shift points unless you swap the govenor weights.

Good luck.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

John_Kunkel

Welcome to the board fadan133.

Early upshifts at light throttle are a TP linkage adjustment problem, lengthen the top rod.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

fadan133

transgo kit replaced the gov weight, I've adj the shift link couple of times. What do you feel is the correct adj. for the shift valve to shift bracket inside the trans. Instruction from 727 book shows 015. clearance, transgo kit has "0" clearance ?? I'll get some pictures..
Thank You

67Slim

John_Kunkel

The Transgo kit doesn't replace the governor weight, the governor is located inside the tailhousing.

The linkage I'm referring to isn't the shift linkage but the TP (often called kickdown) linkage between the carb and the transmision.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Cooter

What kind of car did the trans come out of?

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"