News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern 1969 style Charger CONCEPT CAR!!! WHAT do you think??

Started by MoPower, May 16, 2012, 08:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Ants on May 16, 2012, 09:46:42 PM
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 16, 2012, 04:18:20 PM

MY Opinion on this is too many "Sheeple" are willing to plunk down the money for whatever is put in front of them and try and make excuses as to why it was the "right thing" to buy.....I'll wait until they are producing a stripper Challenger, 6.1 liter Hemi, 6 speed, stripper interior, NO A/C, Back seat delete, weighs about 3400 Lbs with all the 5 star crash sh*t, and I can ORDER the FREAKING thing MY WAY....Not what Mercedes err,(Chrysler) thinks I should have.

The Challenger is coming to it's end, I believe 2014 or so is supposedly the last year. 

The Chrysler/Dodge Cuda is up next.

Well I look forward to that. I've always been a fan of the Cuda.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

UH60L

"MY Opinion on this is too many "Sheeple" are willing to plunk down the money for whatever is put in front of them and try and make excuses as to why it was the "right thing" to buy"

Regardless of what anyone's opinion is of any vehicle, I think the above quote is pretty accurate.  I have run into it many times.

I don't care how many people fit in it.  I don't care how many MPGs you get.  I could care less if it will outrun a '60s era car in the 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, or 100 mile.  I don't care if you can only afford one car and think that I should like your car because you think it's the best of both worlds.  Oh, and we can all drive without 4 million watt stereos, huge touch screens, and heated cup holders (we did it for years, it didn't kill us...).  None of these things will convince me to buy one, regardless of what it is.

Opinions do not equal facts.

Don't be a sheeple.    :rotz:

UH60L

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 16, 2012, 11:32:32 PM

If the OEMs actually produced a really accurate 1960s styled retro car today, we would be complaining about the same downsides that we cheerfully tolerate in the 45yo classics. 

That kind of old-school uncompromised styling comes with terrible crashworthiness, substandard interior room for the class, bad aerodynamics (MPG and wind noise issues), etc.     

Um, me thinks some measurements are in order concerning your "interior room" comment.  Plus, I doubt they would build anything new that had "wind noise issues".  (which, buy the way, I don't have in my '69....)

I for one, would buy a truly retro new muscle car, if it really looked like it's namesake in every...design way.

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

hatersaurusrex

Seriously though what happened to the pics?  Were they only up for 10 minutes or what?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ants

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on May 17, 2012, 10:52:56 PM
Seriously though what happened to the pics?  Were they only up for 10 minutes or what?

Here you go http://www.dankoreproductions.com/nggallery/page-441/album-33/gallery-66

Look around the site and you find the wide body pics

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Ants on May 18, 2012, 11:35:06 AM

Here you go http://www.dankoreproductions.com/nggallery/page-441/album-33/gallery-66

Thanks for the pics, but man that thing is ugly.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mike DC

Um, me thinks some measurements are in order concerning your "interior room" comment.  Plus, I doubt they would build anything new that had "wind noise issues".  (which, buy the way, I don't have in my '69....)

I for one, would buy a truly retro new muscle car, if it really looked like it's namesake in every...design way.

A '69 has a pretty small backseat.  And it would be even smaller with thicker, safer modern front seats ahead of it.  (The stock front seats are scary in a wreck.)  The roof would need to be padded more heavily too, which would further eat up interior room.  My head is near the side of the roof of the 2nd-gen and I'm barely 6'0'' tall.   

My '69 doesn't sound quiet like the aero of a more modern car.  You can feel the wind resistance more when driving it too.  That's inherent in the design; you're not gonna get rid of it without losing the classic front end & recessed rear window.  Same with the other problems. 

The crashworthiness & MPG are the major things.  The OEMs have abandoned hardtops without B-pillars these days because of side-impact issues.  Modern roof pillars are thicker, the rear ends are lower & heavier-looking, etc.  The urethane bumpers are mandated by the Fed too.   

MoPower

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on May 21, 2012, 11:27:30 PM
Quote from: Ants on May 18, 2012, 11:35:06 AM
Seriously though what happened to the pics?  Were they only up for 10 minutes or what?

Thanks for the pics, but man that thing is ugly.

Those are not the pics, they are nowhere on that website. The only place they exist on the web is here:

http://www.dankocharger.com/