News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BeCool Radiator and wiring install complete

Started by ChgrSteve67, May 20, 2012, 07:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

I've had cooling issues with my car for a long time.
Because of the aftermarket AC on my car I was unable to install a stock clutch, fan and shroud on my car. I decided to call BeCool and worked with them to order a cooling solution for my Charger. The radiator and fans are rated for up to 700hp, which will work out well if and when I get to building a stroker motor for my car.

Anyways I held off on posting pics in till I finished cleaning up the electrical wiring in the engine compartment. With all of the modifications I have made my battery + post looked like a birds nest. I still need to trim down a few of the radiator mounting bolts but until then here are some pics.

Definately a tight fit. I had to trim some of the radiator support and reclock one of the fans to create enough clearance for the AC fan belt.

This is what I have spent the last few days working on.
The fans each had a 12 gauge wire and 30 amp fuse which added to the wiring mess I had running to the old fans and horn relays. I took out all of the old wiring and bought a Marine grade fuse block that can handle up to 100 amps and will run 6 circuts. I ran a power lead to the box and then ran each fan and the horns off thier own fuse.

A couple of shots of the engine compartment.

And the final results of the + batt terminal without the bird nest of wires.
The one fuse left by the battery goes to the relay set located under the battery tray that control the opening and closing of my headlight motors.

This radiator and fans really get the job done, I have been able to drive around town in 95 degree heat with the AC running full blast and it has no problem keeping the engine running around 180-185 degrees.

-Steve

A383Wing

you need to test it the correct way....

make a trip up here....free pizza

Bryan (looks good Steve....glad it's working for ya..I know this has been a headache)  :2thumbs:

ChgrSteve67

I've been making good progress fixing my issues.

I finally got my custom break lines made the correct size and installed, my AC charged and I even fixed my wobbling rear view mirror today.

I still have a small oil leak that I'm having trouble locating. I think the oil is comming from the speedo cable but not sure.
I may pull it out to see if its a o-ring problem.

A383Wing

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 20, 2012, 08:10:46 PM
I've been making good progress fixing my issues.

you actually mean the "car", right??  :D

Bryan