News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

the Lincvolt

Started by TheGhost, May 13, 2012, 10:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

http://www.lincvolt.com/

They are building a 59 Lincoln Continental to be more fuel efficient than a Prius.  Hope it works.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Indygenerallee

Should, I am going to try and make a tune for my 5.7 Hemi when I get it in my 69 Daytona clone that will make it get at least 30 MPG, with the aerodynamics and tuneability of the Diablo Intune I think it is entirely possible 5 speed auto with a 2.76 gear.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Aero426

It was heavily damaged in a fire in 2010 when the charging system malfunctioned.

Finn

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 13, 2012, 10:47:03 AM
Should, I am going to try and make a tune for my 5.7 Hemi when I get it in my 69 Daytona clone that will make it get at least 30 MPG, with the aerodynamics and tuneability of the Diablo Intune I think it is entirely possible 5 speed auto with a 2.76 gear.

I always though that the drag coefficient of the daytona would make it an ideal candidate for this sort of thing.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Indygenerallee

Yep, with a drag coefficient of 0.28 the Daytona is sleeker than most new cars including the Toyota Prius and Yaris, and that was at factory ride height and mine will be lowered forcing air around the car and above which in theroy should make it even more aerodynamic funny thing is the wing hurts the drag coefficeny and the Chrysler engineers said the wing only needed to be 8" tall to provide the needed downforce but the trunk would not open and that is why they raised it!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1969chargerrtse

Ok was this posted to be funny?  This is basically what the Volt is. It's already out there. They got one thing right.

" Obstacles
Obstacles like resistance to change, the need for economic rebalance created by change, and the limitations of existing infrastructure will be met with education and proof of a clean power technology system that provides economic savings for the owner, helps to save the planet, and enhances the security of the world. "
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TheGhost

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 21, 2012, 09:38:42 AM
Ok was this posted to be funny?  This is basically what the Volt is. It's already out there. They got one thing right.

" Obstacles
Obstacles like resistance to change, the need for economic rebalance created by change, and the limitations of existing infrastructure will be met with education and proof of a clean power technology system that provides economic savings for the owner, helps to save the planet, and enhances the security of the world. "

I was completely serious.

And it's not the same thing as a volt.  It's better looking. :icon_smile_big:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

" Obstacles

Does Chevy pay you to advertise the Volt? If not they should.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on May 21, 2012, 08:54:07 PM
Ok was this posted to be funny?  This is basically what the Volt is. It's already out there. They got one thing right.

" Obstacles

Does Chevy pay you to advertise the Volt? If not they should.
No they don't.   :scratchchin:
3/4 of my comments about the Volt are my retaliation for stupid comments made in the first place. If I wasn't doing that you'd here a lot less from me about the car.
Yesterday I saw an MSN article about unique cars in our times. I didn't know the Volt was in it?  After reading it, I put it on the Volt thread. Nothing more.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TheGhost on May 21, 2012, 02:43:48 PM
Ok was this posted to be funny?  This is basically what the Volt is. It's already out there. They got one thing right.

" Obstacles

I was completely serious.

And it's not the same thing as a volt.  It's better looking. :icon_smile_big:
Seems the same to me.  Piston engine powering a gen to recharge batteries. I take a beating on the Volt which is the same principle of propulsion. So I thought this was a joke that someone loved the idea.