News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is interchangeable between a 1970 New Yorker and a 1969 Charger

Started by miller, May 20, 2012, 01:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

Hello,

We are getting ready to scrap a 1970 New Yorker that we pulled the engine and transmission out of. Before we do, I want to figure out if there is anything else that I can swap between the cars. I heard the brakes won't transfer over, but is there anything else?

Thank you,
Miller

Also, does anyone know of people that are interested in 1970's New Yorker parts? I can take whatever anyone would want off of it before it goes.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Alaskan_TA

Kern Dog

Parts that interchange OR parts that can fit and work?
The following will fit:
Window cranks, rearview mirrors, armrests, interior door parts and clips, lock cylinders, light bulbs, cigar lighters....
Engine/trans/rear brakes, 3rd member. Shocks, brake hoses, Drive shaft (Save for a future project) Headlights & wiring....

sportony

XXSpiralXX

Where are you located? Whats left and what do you need? I have an interchange manual somewhere, but I don't know if it covers the new yorker..

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Daytona R/T SE

Too bad you're so far away. I see lots of stuff I could use on my Imperial and my Sport Fury... If you were closer... I'd buy the whole car...

histoy

TUFCAT

472 R/T SE

Snatch that power booster, good money for that.  Agreed, I'd pull all the A/C stuff.

The power window switches look identical to mine.  Regardless I'd keep them anyways.

Wiper motor?
Rear view mirror on the door?
If you have the room I'd pull the rocker trim.  It looks nice & maybe someday someone would want it?
The center caps & beauty rings.
Hood pop up spring.

hatersaurusrex

Lol love the decal:  SS New Yorker

A Land Yacht to be sure
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70