News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

They should stick to Trans Am restorations....

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 19, 2012, 11:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

....or at least take the pic of the "no expense spared" paper they have on the car....  :rotz:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320909149578&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123#ht_57275wt_1543

Nice stripe application

Must have run out of the "no expense" on the under carriage

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Wheels of Terror

Apparently no motivation or energy spared on the undercarriage! What a weird name for a resto shop.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

billschroeder5842

Texas Proud!

earnie

no expense my butt, where is the correct coil, battery,
i thought the r/t had a console shifter
the undercarriage looks a mess
=this car is nice but not a no expense restoration

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Bob T

Quote from: earnie on May 19, 2012, 11:42:19 AM
no expense my butt, where is the correct coil, battery,
the undercarriage looks a mess
=this car is nice but not a no expense restoration

Looks like the undercarraige didnt even get a brief going over, front ends probably original and worn out as
Surface rust on the panel under the rear window as well   :-\
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

rarefish

They need to hire GG to help them decode the fender tag.   :lol:  A pretty bad attempt

Vainglory, Esq.

Seeing stripes put on crooked just makes me want to punch people.  :rotz:

b5blue

Seeing blue under the trunk latch and for a 2K dash restoration you get no clock knob?  :scratchchin: Isn't fun to pick on GM guys restorations of Mopar!  :lol:

resq302

I saw the blue by the trunk latch too.  I also like how they have the tire iron held down!   :smilielol:  Also, if it is a 440 w/ auto, it should have a fan shroud for the 22" rad and that is missing.  At least they did a nice job on painting the fuel filler tube.   :brickwall:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: b5blue on May 19, 2012, 03:39:02 PM
Seeing blue under the trunk latch and for a 2K dash restoration you get no clock knob?  :scratchchin: Isn't fun to pick on GM guys restorations of Mopar!  :lol:

That blue is from when it looked better back in 2008
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

just went back and had a closer look.  looks like it does have a shroud but probably painted over as it seems kinda bumpy.  love the gold pulley on the alternator though.  gives it that bling it needs.    :smilielol:  Also love the no expense spared zip ties holding the wiring together and to the heater hose.   :slap:  I wonder if the coil wire was optional as it is orange vs. the red spark plug wires.   :scratchchin:  And why does it look like the VIN tag on the dash has a paint outline around the tag?  Maybe I am out of the loop but when did GM start installing batteries in Mopars?   :brickwall:  Maybe one of us should tell him they are missing the rubber bumpers on the corner of the deck lid.  Nah!  Shame they under coated over the quarter panel reflectors.  Maybe they could have easily replaced them with the correct colored housings to match the tail stripe.   :nana:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

myk

Sounds like the shop that's doing my "resto..."   ::)

jaak

Neither correct or perfect, but hey mine isn't either. But, I wouldn't turn it down if they gave it to me.

Jason
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 19, 2012, 11:02:38 AM

Nice stripe application

That's one thing I was anal about when putting on my stripe... I wanted the side marker to be dead center of the stripe. That's where I began and based all my measurements from.

Jason

twodko

There is cancer on the undercarriage and I'd bet the frame rails aren't all that swell either.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dans 68

With what and why is the fender tag stamped in the upper right corner? St. Louis plant's doing I imagine?

Looks like lots of "Armor AllĀ®" used....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Dans 68 on May 20, 2012, 05:11:58 PM
With what and why is the fender tag stamped in the upper right corner? St. Louis plant's doing I imagine?

Yes....fender tag stamping was specific to the St. Louis plant (G) 

very easy to spot a fake without this stamping
Chris' '69 Charger R/T