News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radial red lines

Started by 66FBCharger, May 18, 2012, 11:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I know there was a similar thread a few years back about this subject. I would like more current opinions.
What brand (Coker, Diamondback) of Redline radials do you have? Do you like them? Have you had any issues? What brand of tire did it start out as?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Just 6T9 CHGR

I got my Redline radials form Diamondback back in 2002.  I went with them for a few reasons.  You can get any size tire made into a redline.  I went with 255/60/15

Also their sidewalls are smooth with no lettering or casting marks.  Coker's have radial casting marks on the sidewall & full of lettering.  takes away from the "look" IMHO
The tire they used was an "off brand" name made by BF Goodrich (cant remember the name off hand)  It was a RWL tire that had the white letters "painted" over black & are on the inside of the tire.....in 10 years of use the paint never came off
Chris' '69 Charger R/T