News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lawn mower is not happy.

Started by BananaDan, May 21, 2012, 09:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

No, I haven't hit anything (lately).  I might be on to something.  I spend the night researching B&S motors and it looks like a common problem is that their carb diaphragm goes bad and the symptoms are exactly what I'm seeing.  It's a $5 part, I just need to find out who might carry one and be open today.  Otherwise I'll have to order it for next weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5nzigcNTwo&feature=related

This video led me down this road.  The guy is a bit of a Rube with a camera but the point is made.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BananaDan

Mission accomplished.   :cheers:

Luckily Lowe's stocks a few B&S parts and was opened today.  I bought a diaphragm kit, new exhaust can and some new oil.  I removed the carb, cleaned it and replaced the diaphragm, the kit also came with a new fuel filter screen and spring.  I also gave her an oil change and replaced the rusted up exhaust can.  She started up and ran like a champ.  However when I put the air filter canister back on she started running like crap again.  I read that the oil-foam filters can get over-saturated with oil and one guy on YouTube said to wring it out in a paper towel.  Lowes didn't have new filters so I did the wring it out in a paper towel trick and a lot of oil came out.  I soiled two and a half paper towels.  After reassembly, she runs like a champ.  I then proceeded to spend my Memorial Day afternoon sweating my ass off but my lawn is mowed!

Thanks all for your pointers.  Case closed and less than $20 in parts spent to fix.   :icon_smile_big:

BD
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

resq302

:2thumbs:  great job Dan!  I too was sweating my ass off outside yesterday and today getting my yard back under control.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bull

Alaskan_TA

Gas?

Oil?

Filters?

I do not think you guys are doing it right. :Twocents:

See the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFSgXpyhoM for lawn mowing tips.   :cheers: