News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drive to Carlisle

Started by 66FBCharger, May 17, 2012, 10:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: moparstuart on June 30, 2012, 08:36:29 AM

dont let uncle george blow up his truck again

Road runner is down with broken transmission pump.   And gear change.   Won't be ready in time.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BananaDan on June 30, 2012, 09:13:40 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 30, 2012, 05:45:29 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on June 30, 2012, 05:35:19 AM

78???     What time do you guys anticipate hitting the PA border?   I usually stop at the rest stop at the toll booth to use the facilities and grab free maps.

Map?  WTF is a map?   Oh you mean the MapQuest App for the iPhone...

;)

MapQuest?  That's so 90's.  I didn't know they were still alive.  The iPhone comes with Google Maps!   ;D  

Now if you want a cool iPhone app for the drive to Carlisle, check this baby out.  They have a free version and a $1.99 version.  It's especially useful if you have a speedo that's not accurate like I do.

http://studeo4ios.com/?p=67

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on June 30, 2012, 05:35:19 AM
78???     What time do you guys anticipate hitting the PA border?   I usually stop at the rest stop at the toll booth to use the facilities and grab free maps.

Brian,
We would probably hit the NJ/PA border on 78 around 9:15-9:30ish?

Dan

That speedo app looks pretty cool..

Google Maps doesnt speak directions like the MapQuest app does...or does it???.... :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 30, 2012, 11:47:35 AM
Google Maps doesnt speak directions like the MapQuest app does...or does it???.... :Twocents:

Make a left, slight right, drive straight a real long time and then make a right...you are there. Print this out.  :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Chris G. on June 30, 2012, 02:52:48 PM

Make a left, slight right, drive straight a real long time and then make a right...you are there. Print this out.  :2thumbs:

That was much more accurate than Mapquest.   :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Just 6T9 CHGR

Make a left, slight right, drive straight a real long time and then make a right...you are there. Print this out.  :2thumbs:

;)

I'd probably STILL get lost though.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 01, 2012, 08:31:49 AM

Make a left, slight right, drive straight a real long time and then make a right...you are there. Print this out.  :2thumbs:

;)

I'd probably STILL get lost though.....

Sigh...  If only there was a way to tell where you were going just in case you accidently flushed your iphone  or you had no old skool skills like map reading    :scratchchin:

Dodge Don

We are trailering the car down. We leave Wednesday morning crossing into USA at Buffalo and then taking a bunch of secondary highways in a straight path down to Carlisle rather than taking the major highways to Erie..Pittsburgh...Carlisle.

DC_1

Dodge Don

After we cross at Buffalo we are taking

190 East to..
90 South to..
400 South (turns into 16 in PA) to...
86/17 East to...
19 south to...
449 south to...
6 east to...
144 south to...
220 east to...
144/322 south to...
34 south to Carlisle

Our July 4th tour of dozens and dozens of small towns across NY/PA states.

BananaDan

:shruggy:

I dunno...  I'm followin' the orange car. 
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bill440rt

Quote from: BananaDan on July 01, 2012, 06:11:58 PM

:shruggy:

I dunno...  I'm followin' the orange car. 

:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

FJ5WING

heading out Friday morning...Ill be in a sassy 71 GTX if anyone sees it on the PA tpk.
wingless now, but still around.

mopar0166

wish i was goin, hope Y'all have a great time ! :cheers:

bordin34

Last year I took my all original 74 318 Valiant. About a 4 hour drive, kinda boring nothing broke. I actually forgot to take any pictures of my car at the show.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

NHCharger

I've been on the fence about getting a head start and driving half way there on Wednesday night or just leave early on Thursday, 3-4 AM. Just checked the weather. A cool 94º predicted on Thursday ::). Two years ago I drove down on Thursday and got stuck in traffic (repaving 81& 84), car over heated, forced to ditch the main road and take the back roads to keep the car cool. Ended up being an eleven hour day in a car with no A/C.
I just booked a room in Milford, PA. I'm breaking the drive into two parts so I'm not "spent" by the time I get to Carlisle on Thursday. Leaves me plenty of time to clean the car and do a preliminary walk through the swap area.
Twenty years ago I would have considered an eleven hour trip in a 72 Charger an adventure. Now I just think it suxs.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mopar440+6

I'll be driving... the 20 minutes north to Carlisle. :D

Unfortunately the drive will be in a GM product this year...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

bad88t-top

I'll be leaving Pittsburgh about 5:30 am on Friday arriving at the hotel in Carlisle around 8:30 am, if not sooner.   Got a new 26' enclosed this year for the trip so I know that's going to slow me down when compared to last year not to mention all the crap inside including the golf cart.   
I'm staying at the Ramada Inn in Mechanicsburg with the rest of the 70 Charger Registry folks.    Stop by for a beer, we'll have the trailer set-up in the lot with some tunes going.
WHere's everyone else staying?  Can't wait to get out of the burg for the weekend but I'll miss my little ones like crazy.   Bill
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

DixieRestoParts

Leaving tomorrow for the 12+ hour drive from Atlanta. Trailering the Charger, but hope to drive it some while up there. We're outside building T in J row. Stop by and see us. J187-193.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

tommymac

Cant make it this year,wish I were going.Take lots of pictures,and I would be driving,its fun seeing people watch you going down the road in a classic Mopar.

Offspring

This will be my first time at chryslers at carlisle, however the only date available for me and my friends to go is on the 8th. Will I be missing out on a lot of stuff seeing as we will be arriving on the last day. I'm hoping to see some nice mopars and races along with maybe finding a 70 charger for sale. I was just curious as if most people only stay for a day and its a ghost town on sunday ?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bad88t-top on July 02, 2012, 10:09:42 PM
I'll be leaving Pittsburgh about 5:30 am on Friday arriving at the hotel in Carlisle around 8:30 am, if not sooner.   Got a new 26' enclosed this year for the trip so I know that's going to slow me down when compared to last year not to mention all the crap inside including the golf cart.   
I'm staying at the Ramada Inn in Mechanicsburg with the rest of the 70 Charger Registry folks.    Stop by for a beer, we'll have the trailer set-up in the lot with some tunes going.
WHere's everyone else staying?  Can't wait to get out of the burg for the weekend but I'll miss my little ones like crazy.   Bill

A golf cart?  Sweet :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mopar440+6

Quote from: Offspring on July 03, 2012, 01:05:35 AM
This will be my first time at chryslers at carlisle, however the only date available for me and my friends to go is on the 8th. Will I be missing out on a lot of stuff seeing as we will be arriving on the last day. I'm hoping to see some nice mopars and races along with maybe finding a 70 charger for sale. I was just curious as if most people only stay for a day and its a ghost town on sunday ?

Get there early (gates open at 7) and there should still be plenty to see. The show field is usually a little leaner on Sunday and a lot of the vendors take off Saturday night but there will still be enough there to keep you busy for most of the day. FYI, there is no racing on Sunday, only Friday night. Make sure you stop by the DC.com tent and say hi.
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Offspring on July 03, 2012, 01:05:35 AM

Half the vendors leave at 6pm Saturday as do I cause I gotta be back home for town car show on Sunday.

Some people stay for the awards but basically it's pretty cleared out by afternoon.

I suspect that people are going to try to meet Richard Petty this year on Sunday but they posted some ridiculous rules and basically he's leaving at 1pm and if you're still in line,  too bad.

If you ever think of going to the Mopar Nats in OH... same deal. 

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 03, 2012, 07:20:12 AM

Other than Carlisle staff, do they even allow golf carts on the fairgrounds??  :shruggy:
I know my dad had to rent one of those motorized scooters last time he came.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BananaDan

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 03, 2012, 07:20:12 AM

Yeah!  Bill's taxi service to the swaps, leaving every hour on the hour.   :lol:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein