News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any plumbers?

Started by Silver R/T, May 10, 2012, 10:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Any plumbers here? I've bought home with unfinished basement and there's bathroom that has drain for toilet (sealed off) There's no apparent drain for shower. Could I connect drain for shower into the toilet drain, any tips/tricks.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dans 68

Yes, you can use the toilet drain as a shower drain - they all go to the same wastewater treatment plant (you're connected to a sewer, right?)

Is the shower going to over the toiler/drain hole? Are you using a shower kit? Are you going to hot mop for the shower basin? Can you attach a sketch/photo of the  area?

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Fred

Yes................I agree to. That's the way mine is connected.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bakerhillpins

You can connect them but you need to be sure that you have proper venting so you don't end up sucking the shower trap dry.

Is the toilet drain in a concrete floor? Is it just a capped pipe or are you seeing a capped off closet flange?  How were you thinking of connecting it?  Pics would help.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

RECHRGD

If I remember correctly, a toilet drain does not have a trap.  The trap is in the toilet, so just putting the shower on top of the drain would be a problem.... :shruggy:
13.53 @ 105.32

Dans 68

True. A trap would need to be incorporated unless you don't mind the occasional sewer vapors.  :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 11, 2012, 07:43:26 AM
don't end up sucking the shower trap dry.

Mental note to self: don't read these threads while eating lunch...

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 11, 2012, 07:43:26 AM
Pics would help.

Oh dear god no...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

oldgold69

i not a plumber but i know hots on the left  cold on the right  sheit goes downhill  and you get paid on thursday  i also have the  plumbers crack  :o

NHCharger

As mentioned above a toilet has a self contained trap. On a shower you need to install the trap under the shower. You need to make sure you have the height for the proper pitch on the pipe from the shower to the line you are hooking into. And yes you need to make sure you properly vent everything. You use to be able to skip the vent if the waste pipe was 4". Not sure if you can do that anymore.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

67440chrg

If the floor is concrete you must break a hole in the floor. If you want to keep a toilet as well you need to lay out where the fixtures will go before you start. A toilet must have at least a 3" line and a 2" vent wich most codes allow it to be a wet vent and have a lavatory on it . Showers must have a 2" line and as stated a vent and trap. If your basement is a non walk out you may cause ground water leaking problems at the patch joint.I would recomend you at least have a licenced plumber do the under slab work.If it does not work right it may cost you everything you envest to start over.

Silver R/T

Thanks for replies guys
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Fred

Quote from: oldgold69 on May 11, 2012, 08:29:33 PM
i not a plumber but i know hots on the left  cold on the right  sheit goes downhill  and you get paid on thursday  i also have the  plumbers crack  :o

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.