News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern 1969 style Charger CONCEPT CAR!!! WHAT do you think??

Started by MoPower, May 16, 2012, 08:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

Someone needs to put that 69 grille in a new 11-12 Charger, The newest Charger looks more like the 2nd gen than the 06-10 model Charger, I bet a guy could sell a ton of those 69 style front bumpers for the new 11-up model Charger!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

MoPower

Quote from: Road Dog on May 16, 2012, 10:20:14 AM

You Sure?

OK I see your point with the rear hips but certainly not from any other angle. This car is 100% Charger inspired.  The 2" wide rear hips allow for the chrome flip up gas cap and some huge rear tires and 12"-13" wide rims.

Road Dog

Oh Yeah :2thumbs: wide tires are what's missing from the current Challenger/Charger offerings.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

MoPower

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 16, 2012, 10:20:45 AM
Someone needs to put that 69 grille in a new 11-12 Charger, The newest Charger looks more like the 2nd gen than the 06-10 model Charger, I bet a guy could sell a ton of those 69 style front bumpers for the new 11-up model Charger!

I feel ya bro, but it cannot be done with the way the hood/nose take a downward slope at the front...there is just no way to do it without starting from scratch.

MoPower

Wide body also equals Coke Bottle Shape reminiscent of the Vintage Chargers

Dino

The following is my opinion, it is not stated fact nor law and should therefore not cause any ill feelings towards those who like the new Charger.   :icon_smile_big:

The more you try to make it look like a 2nd gen, tribute or not, the more ridiculous it looks.  After '74 the use of the Charger name became quite the joke.  I can live with a car using the name, actually I couldn't care less what you call it, but trying to make a mediocre sedan look like a legend in the muscle car world is pointless.

You may as well start with a Volvo and give it hidden headlights, it's the same dumb thing.  That rearend by the way looks like any other Japanese tail.  

The latest model is the worst to me because of the same reasons, putting 2nd gen accents on a sedan does not make the car more desirable to me, it makes it more of a joke than it already was.  For what it's worth, I don't care about the Mustang, Challenger or Camaro either.  They will never come close to the classics.

And I honestly don't care what's under the hood, I couldn't drive that thing.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Road Dog

I think the car would look much better totally Blacked out. 

DC_1

Quote from: MoPower on May 16, 2012, 10:28:06 AM

This car is 100% Charger inspired.

Are you talkin this Photochoped image or the car design itself? Because this statement and your other statement about the car being a tribute to the earlier generation I think is wrong. The car was designed to be a replacement to Chrysler's mid sized Intrepid platform after it was discontinued. The use of the "Charger" name was for marketing as it tested well with focas groups. The design had little to do with the cars heritage. The2012-13 design have since attempted to capture some of the loved 2nd gen styling ques, but it still is far from what the cars legacy was. IMO

I don't hate the car itself. Just think it should have been called something else.  :Twocents:

MoPower

Quote from: Dino on May 16, 2012, 10:44:11 AM
The following is my opinion, it is not stated fact nor law and should therefore not cause any ill feelings towards those who like the new Charger.   :icon_smile_big:

The more you try to make it look like a 2nd gen, tribute or not, the more ridiculous it looks.  After '74 the use of the Charger name became quite the joke.  I can live with a car using the name, actually I couldn't care less what you call it, but trying to make a mediocre sedan look like a legend in the muscle car world is pointless.

You may as well start with a Volvo and give it hidden headlights, it's the same dumb thing.  That rearend by the way looks like any other Japanese tail.  

The latest model is the worst to me because of the same reasons, putting 2nd gen accents on a sedan does not make the car more desirable to me, it makes it more of a joke than it already was.  For what it's worth, I don't care about the Mustang, Challenger or Camaro either.  They will never come close to the classics.

It's clearly obvious that Dodge has really hurt your feelings in the past with their unacceptible Chargers ...can you not forgive and forget?  I'm a HUGE 2nd gen Charger fan and always will be, but I dont share your contempt.

Dino

Quote from: MoPower on May 16, 2012, 10:54:46 AM
Quote from: Dino on May 16, 2012, 10:44:11 AM

It's clearly obvious that Dodge has really hurt your feelings in the past with their unacceptible Chargers ...can you not forgive and forget?  I'm a BIG 2nd get Charger fan and always will be but I dont share your contempt.

They did not hurt my feelings and there's nothing to forgive, I have no beef with them.  I think they are what they have been for the last 4 decades and that's a mediocre car company. 

When the new Charger came out everyone was pretty vocal on what a flop it was and now people are trying to make the best of it.  It's been 6 years and it still looks like anything else out there, a boring sedan.  And the more aftermarket parts you bolt onto that thing, the more it looks like a ricer.

It's just my opinion MoPower, I'm not trying to insult you or anyone else.  Again I have no beef with Chrysler but I also have no love for them.  The 2nd gen was a different time and a different company and to me they have been long gone. 

MoPower

Quote from: Road Dog on May 16, 2012, 10:50:58 AM

Now here is the nice thing about investing in a 3D computer rendering!

Dino

Oh and I forgot to add this...your 3D skills are pretty awesome!   :2thumbs:

MoPower

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on May 16, 2012, 10:51:02 AM
Quote from: MoPower on May 16, 2012, 10:28:06 AM

This car is 100% Charger inspired.

Are you talkin this Photochoped image or the car design itself? Because this statement and your other statement about the car being a tribute to the earlier generation I think is wrong. The car was designed to be a replacement to Chrysler's mid sized Intrepid platform after it was discontinued. The use of the "Charger" name was for marketing as it tested well with focas groups. The design had little to do with the cars heritage. The2012-13 design have since attempted to capture some of the loved 2nd gen styling ques, but it still is far from what the cars legacy was. IMO

I don't hate the car itself. Just think it should have been called something else.  :Twocents:

I'm specifically talking about this design, not the 06-10 charger in general, but I feel the 06-10 Chargers do have a lot of muscle and style from the factory especially the SRT8/superbee. These new Chargers were anything but a flop and outsold by far what the 2011-12 look like they are doing. Face it, if the car had come with 2 door, everhybody here would be lovin on it just like the Challenger. I dont see the problem with a 4 door charger if the styling is right. These days all 2 doors sedans are only tiny cars, everything has 4 doors because they sell better. The new Charger are more of a "Family friendly" muscle car which is a niche spot that needed filling. If someone wants 2 doors, get a Challenger or a Viper.

MoPower

Quote from: Dino on May 16, 2012, 11:03:32 AM
Oh and I forgot to add this...your 3D skills are pretty awesome!   :2thumbs:
Thanks, but I only did the design, the 3D renders were made by www.smokingrafix.com

DC_1

This I would buy.

Thats a modern interpretation of the 2nd gen IMO

Road Dog

Quote from: MoPower on May 16, 2012, 11:01:58 AM
Quote from: Road Dog on May 16, 2012, 10:50:58 AM

Now here is the nice thing about investing in a 3D computer rendering!

Awesome.

404NOTFOUND

These cars might be a good idea for those who like to over modify real Chargers but, they will never be a real second gen car.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

MoPower

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 16, 2012, 11:22:56 AM
These cars might be a good idea for those who like to over modify real Chargers but, they will never be a real second gen car.

Not intended to be a 2nd Gen, it's a 6th Gen Charger Through and through.  I would much rather do this to a new Charger than resto-mod a vintage charger with all the late model hi tech goodies. As a matter of fact, I think it would be cool to have matching one of each in my garage.  :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: MoPower on May 16, 2012, 11:26:44 AM
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 16, 2012, 11:22:56 AM

Not intended to be a 2nd Gen, it's a 6th Gen Charger Through and through.  I would much rather do this to a new Charger than resto-mod a vintage charger with all the late model hi tech goodies. As a matter of fact, I think it would be cool to have matching one of each in my garage.  :2thumbs:

No matter what you park in your garage, I think I'd still be drooling all over your '70.   :drool5:

404NOTFOUND

Just had an idea though. It should be built with a quick change rear tailight panel, and front grille trim so the owner can make it into a retro '68,'69 or '70.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

MoPower

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 16, 2012, 11:35:04 AM
Just had an idea though. It should be built with a quick change rear tailight panel, and front grille trim so the owner can make it into a retro '68,'69 or '70.

LOL  not so easy ... but incase you didn't figure it out,  my favorite front is the 69 and the my favorite rear is the 68...problem solved!

68pplcharger

I think it looks slick as hell... can't please everyone. A friend's father told me once "If you want a classic , wait long enough and the car your driving will be one. Nobody ever thought these old sixties cars would be worth anything when we owned them. We all wanted pre 50's cars to hop up. We thought they were ugly."  :Twocents:

MoPower

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on May 16, 2012, 11:17:30 AM
This I would buy.

Cudos to the artist, but Looks too shortend like an AMX  (shortend Javlin) IMO . I'd like to see the front of it, if it is stock 2011 nose, I do not like that much.

MoPower

Quote from: 68pplcharger on May 16, 2012, 11:42:27 AM

I think it looks slick as hell... can't please everyone. A friend's father told me once "If you want a classic , wait long enough and the car your driving will be one. Nobody ever thought these old sixties cars would be worth anything when we owned them. We all wanted pre 50's cars to hop up. We thought they were ugly."  :Twocents:

Well thank you!!!!  :2thumbs:  I put alot of thought into this design and you may be the only one so far with no complaints.... :shruggy:

DC_1

Quote from: MoPower on May 16, 2012, 11:44:15 AM
Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on May 16, 2012, 11:17:30 AM
This I would buy.

Cudos to the artist, but Looks too shortend like an AMX  (shortend Javlin) IMO . I'd like to see the front of it, if it is stock 2011 nose, I do not like that much.

From what I remember when I saved the photo, the designer used the Challenger wheel base and dimensions for the rendering to show what a Charger would look like built on that platform