News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern 1969 style Charger CONCEPT CAR!!! WHAT do you think??

Started by MoPower, May 16, 2012, 08:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoPower

I know this is not a 40 year old car but I think folks on here could still appreciate the styling and modern Hemi power plant without the guilty conscience from restomodding a vintage Charger!

bobs66440

Not crazy about it. The design doesn't flow IMHO. It looks like a bunch of accessories retrofitted to a Charger. Sorry  :-\ 

Aero426

Lipstick on a pig.

The Shaker on a "Charger" is particularly dumb looking.

MoPower

Quote from: Aero426 on May 16, 2012, 09:12:45 AM
Lipstick on a pig.

wow I sure  wasn't expecting that!  I like everything  about it ...maybe you prefer the looks of the 2012 charger over this??

jdiesel33

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Hemidog

1969chargerrtse

Nice front end but the 4 doors and roof line gotta go.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

MoPower

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 16, 2012, 09:28:30 AM
Nice front end but the 4 doors and roof line gotta go.

Ummm... it's a 2006-10 Dodge Charger, the roof and doors are not going anywhere!!  anybody notice the flip up Chrome gas cap on the rear hip?

Hmmm  :scratchchin:

The grill is a big improvement but rest looks too much like a modern Charger. I think the Chally would make a better base model, plus it only has 2 doors. Your on the right track but the shaker looks out of place.

DC_1

Looks like it is trying too hard to be something that it's not - a 2nd gen Charger. Putting hideaway headlights and a split grille on a 1999 Intrepid makes it no more a Charger than this car.

By comparison, at least the current generation Challenger was a modern day interpretation of what it once was.

MoPower

Quote from: 440 on May 16, 2012, 09:30:41 AM
Hmmm  :scratchchin:

The grill is a big improvement but rest looks too much like a modern Charger. I think the Chally would make a better base model, plus it only has 2 doors. Your on the right track but the shaker looks out of place.

It IS a modern Dodge Charger, not a challenger but thanks for the comment

MoPower

The 06-10 Charger shares about as much 2nd gen as a Challenger does. I think the Challenger platform with your grill and a few other tweaks would hit the mark a whole lot closer.  :Twocents:

MoPower

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on May 16, 2012, 09:39:42 AM
Looks like it is trying too hard to be something that it's not - a 2nd gen Charger. Putting hideaway headlights and a split grille on a 1999 Intrepid makes it no more a Charger than this car.

By comparison, at least the current generation Challenger was a modern day interpretation of what it once was.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand your statement... this is a modern Dodge Charger not an intrepid...didn't know folks on here were such modern charger haters -  no love the younger brother!!!  Does it get no credit for atleast having a rear wheel drive HEMI V8?

miller time

I know what this car should be used for, it would look great doing it and be eco freindly.
Test car for new car compactors
Its 4 door, putting that front end is like putting a big girl in a g string bikini, why isnt their a law against these crimes again humanity???
just my  :Twocents:

I'm not hating, I quite like the front grill and valance.

MoPower

Quote from: Aero426 on May 16, 2012, 09:12:45 AM
Lipstick on a pig.

well the shaker is an option but IMO I think it goes well...

Aero426

Quote from: MoPower on May 16, 2012, 09:51:19 AM

...didn't know folks on here were such modern charger haters -  no love the younger brother!!!  Does it get no credit for atleast having a rear wheel drive HEMI V8?

I think the latest refresh looks a lot better (some would say less offensive?) than the first ones did.     It has good performance.    But it's just a car.    Given the restrictions of the platform they use, they have done a good job trying to capture some more flavor of the old car.  

Neal_J

The lines of the car seem very straight & angular whereas the curves of the 1st generation models where more flowing - which I personally prefer.

stripedelete

MoPower

Quote from: Neal_J on May 16, 2012, 10:10:27 AM
The lines of the car seem very straight & angular whereas the curves of the 1st generation models where more flowing - which I personally prefer.

Quote from: stripedelete on May 16, 2012, 10:15:39 AM
It's missing two door handles.

There is just only so much one can do when you're starting with a 2010 Dodge Charger. Obviously, this design was not meant to look exactly like a 68-70 charger, but just be a modern tribute to it. It should be taken as a compliment to the Vintage Chargers, not a dis... and the 4 doors have a lot of advantages, like for one, your wife will let you buy it! The back doors pop open via remote with the handels shaved to give it a smooth look.

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.