News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of you take your babe out cruising?

Started by tcs69rt, May 14, 2012, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcs69rt

Lucky for me Riley does not stick her head out the window or we would all be covered in Boxer drool from her long "mud flaps". HAHA!

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

69finder

Dude, I don't wanna say this, but your babe is kind of a dog..  jus sayin.

cdr

thats ok i love my dogs also,but they dont ride in my charger,yet,when its done they will
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

4cruzin

I do!   My little guy travels in the hot rod whenever we go cruising!    :icon_smile_big:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Dans 68

Be it my truck or Charger, my dogs come with. The only car they don't ride in in the wife's Volvo. Too clean and she wants to keep it that way.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Kern Dog

The Charger is not a DOG car! I spent too much on upholstery, paint and polishing the stainless!
I'll take them in the '07 R, the 67 Dart or my '74 truck though....

Troy

Well, he's not a "babe" but he loves going for drives (this one is my 68 Charger):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUwf-Kq6OxU

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Fred

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 14, 2012, 01:04:08 PM
The Charger is not a DOG car! I spent too much on upholstery, paint and polishing the stainless!

Agreed. Love our dogs but no way are they getting in the charger (or any other classic). That's what the daily drivers are for. Gorgeous Boxer though.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: Troy on May 14, 2012, 04:38:52 PM
Well, he's not a "babe" but he loves going for drives (this one is my 68 Charger):

Troy

He seems well behaved in the car Troy. Is he a Hungarian Vizsla? Or maybe a Ridgeback? Hard to tell without seeing all of him.
You can tell he enjoys the ride. He's very alert. Maybe he figures this is a good to check out the neighbourhood babes.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

bakerhillpins

I can't keep our youngest lab out of the car..  I had the Charger out a few times this weekend and every time I opened the door and turned around for a moment I would find her sitting in the back seat all ready to go.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Fred

They just love going for drives don't they?
You can't keep a good dog out of the car! One of our rotties positively squeals for at least the first 15 mins of the drive with the pleasure of it. It's he's favourite thing in the world.

TexasStroker

The Charger is very selective...The few times I have taken it to pick a girl up on a date it has either died (fuel/alternator/etc) or just won't start leaving their house.

I must say, the car has taken great care of me and has excellent judgment  :yesnod:

I still remember back in hs when the car ran like a top on the way to get the girl, and once she was in just would not start...We went back in the house, when I left (solo) she fired right up.

If things ever get serious I tend to use the Charger test as a method of final screening  :lol:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Quote from: TexasStroker on May 15, 2012, 04:21:49 AM
The Charger is very selective...The few times I have taken it to pick a girl up on a date it has either died (fuel/alternator/etc) or just won't start leaving their house.

I must say, the car has taken great care of me and has excellent judgment  :yesnod:

I still remember back in hs when the car ran like a top on the way to get the girl, and once she was in just would not start...We went back in the house, when I left (solo) she fired right up.

If things ever get serious I tend to use the Charger test as a method of final screening  :lol:

Not that it's a charger but I had a pick up truck like that when I was dating my wife. The door handle wouldn't work to let her in, and also wouldn't let her out. It always worked for me. One day she kicked the tire over it and later ended up with a concussion after bouncing off the headliner.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

74bluecharger440

I never let my dogs in the charger.They go nuts when I start up the ram when I get home from work cause they know they are going to the river for a big walk.,and swim.They do not go near the charger.

RIDELIKEHELL

Marlee makes my truck windows a mess so she is not riding in the 68 when its done although she loves rides  :lol:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Troy

Quote from: Fred on May 14, 2012, 05:00:10 PM

Troy

He seems well behaved in the car Troy. Is he a Hungarian Vizsla? Or maybe a Ridgeback? Hard to tell without seeing all of him.
You can tell he enjoys the ride. He's very alert. Maybe he figures this is a good to check out the neighbourhood babes.
He's a shelter/rescue dog and pretty laid back overall. I believe he's mostly Yellow Lab mixed with some kind of hound. Once we're on the highway he usually curls up and sleeps. However, I can't take him to cruise-ins because he gets waaaaaaay too excited around other people and dogs. He'd tear the car apart trying to get out!

Our other dog is the one who drools all over the side...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Troy

thats awesome he's just looking forward out for a cruise .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: great dog 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Lennard

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on May 15, 2012, 07:08:33 AM
Marlee makes my truck windows a mess so she is not riding in the 68 when its done although she loves rides  :lol:

Great pic :2thumbs:

Patronus

Mine comes where ever I go, Charger or not.  :Twocents:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Blown68Coronet

I can't take my 90lb German Shorthaired Pointer in the Coronet, he's way too excited, goes from front seat to the back constantly!

Lennard

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on May 22, 2012, 02:47:32 PM
I can't take my 90lb German Shorthaired Pointer in the Coronet, he's way too excited, goes from front seat to the back constantly!
Riding around in a blown Coronet would get me excited too! I would stay in my seat though... :yesnod:

TeeWJay426

The 'boys' like to do some cruisin' too.

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

cdr