News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad cat needs to be caught or shot

Started by miller time, May 13, 2012, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller time

theres a stray cat in my neighborhood, i have 5 cats myself and today after walking home i had the garage open i looked around quick and the stray ran out so i sniffed around and it pissed on my trunk lid next to my car which i am doing body work on bare and freshly primed metal so it is important he doesn't do it again, i could pop him off with a .22 but i would rather drop his worthless butt off at the pound in another county to give us both a break, I know about using a trap but i was wondering if there was another way to try first, thanks yall I want to be what they call "humane" but if i cant catch him i cant be humane, i just found out tonight so i will give it a little while before i get to shooting, i hope i wont have to even though i really want to
thanks yall
-peta member - people eat taste animals

Alaskan_TA

Call your animal control office, I know the one here has a 'loaner' humane / live trap. Once caught they come & get it.

miller time

they charge here or i would, that worthless rat has cost me enough money and hassle, i can barrow a trap and i will tommarrow i was wondering if there were other ways

Indygenerallee

Probably more "humane" to just put a .22 in it, far too many cat's and dog's I know that sounds mean but seems like more people should have taken old Bob Barkers advice to "spay or neuter your pets". Instead the cats and dogs sit at the pound and end up getting put down anyway, call me mean but thats my  :Twocents:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

mrsskip68

Please try and trap it first! It could be a lost kitty that had/has a family. Maybe even belonged to a kid! Buy a couple cheap cans of cat food, place a humane trap, and go from there. DONT SHOOT IT PLEASE!!! Thats just wrong!  :Twocents:

Todd Wilson

Silver R/T

Would rather pop whomever is the irresponsible owner.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Fred

It's probably wandered in, smelt your cats and has decided to mark what it may now consider it's territory which means it will definitely be back.
And if there's food on offer you shouldn't have to much trouble catching it. Good luck.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

MoparManJim

If you shoot it, then your no better then the devil himself.. getting an animal fix is also like working for the devil as well as he doesn't want anything on earth at all either. Do the right thing an save a life and trap it and remove it the right way instead of the wrong way by killing it.

AKcharger

Well if you did shoot it you could still give it away

miller time

this has been on going for like 2 years, i thought it was one of my cats but now im sure its not, im gettin the trap today , maby ill take it out west to cattle country and throw it out the window, since it likes messing with me maby itll like messing with my cows and coyotes
and jim your tempting me now, maby your devil giving good reason to shoot it, ill get him one way or another and maby a possum or 2 in the mean time and yes i behead possums i guess that means im already doing your dirty work so whats one more favor to society?
im going to give 3 days to get him in the trap and send him to the pound to be made into dog chow and if it hasnt worked by then ill be weighing my other options, gator bait is always another option.....

P.S. if its some kids kitty he will learn a valuable lesson, dogs are better, noone around me owns it because we have asked and noone knows but ill find out if i see missing cat flyers up after its gone, ill tell them i saw a car hit it so they dont bother looking for it

-Mr. Nice Guy

404NOTFOUND

Feed it, capture it, get it fixed, train it and make a nice pet out of it.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

miller time

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 14, 2012, 10:02:33 AM

ill ups it to you, whats your PO box?
hahaha

Indygenerallee

Well If people can not keep their animals on their property it's all over but the crying and I would have it no other way if it were my pet on someone elses property, I had a dog get under my house (damn neighbor's pitbull/mastiff mix) big motherf'er chased a Raccoon under the crawlspace at 3 A.M. was growling so loud my 2 year old daughter woke up screaming she was terrified it was the devil, I grab the .22 and go outside (summertime) all haggard trying to figure out WTF it is, about that time some big monstrous dog comes crawling out the crawlspace and just stands there staring at me! Im 6'8 300 lbs and not too much stuff scares me but at 3 a.m. seeing a big black pitbull/mastiff looking dog with a spike collar come crawling out of a black hole I said F that and it got a .22 it yelped and crawled back under the house!!! let's say I finally had to go with a larger caliber!! I had to drag the behemoth out and back in the woods, and it made a mess under the house it bent several pipes that I had to repair. This was the same dog that had my wife and out 2 year old (at the time) trapped in the Charger because it was barking and scratching the side glass to get at them I had to come home and shoot a warning round to get it to leave. sometimes it's better to "nip it in the bud"
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Todd Wilson

Rolling_Thunder

Out here in CA where I live...   Animal control will not come out for stray cats...    also you can not purchase a live trap for the purpose of catching them...     So what they hell are you left to do?   I ended up driving to a different county and purchasing a opossum cage and catch them that way...      You also can't drop them off at a shelter unless you live in that city...    problem is there is no shelter in my city...       talk about an overall dumb set up...         I don't want to kill the things so I let them go over by the dump.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

MoparManJim

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 14, 2012, 11:13:36 AM
Out here in CA where I live...   Animal control will not come out for stray cats...    also you can not purchase a live trap for the purpose of catching them...     So what they hell are you left to do?   I ended up driving to a different county and purchasing a opossum cage and catch them that way...      You also can't drop them off at a shelter unless you live in that city...    problem is there is no shelter in my city...       talk about an overall dumb set up...         I don't want to kill the things so I let them go over by the dump.

You sure are a good man,  :2thumbs:. That is the best way to go about it, no killing at all going on, the animal is out of your sight and area and yet no one lost a life at the same time.

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: miller time on May 14, 2012, 10:21:14 AM

hahaha

Please don't send it UPS (United Pussy Service). I will get hit with brokerage fees at the border. U.S. Post would be better,  thanks.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

RTDaddy

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 14, 2012, 03:43:20 PM
Quote from: miller time on May 14, 2012, 10:21:14 AM

hahaha

Please don't send it UPS (United Pussy Service). I will get hit with brokerage fees at the border. U.S. Post would be better,  thanks.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :cheers:

That's a good one.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

b5blue

Google "animal control" for your county. Stray and Ferrel cats completely destroy Florida's ecosystem, they can carry 15 to 20 diseases that they can spread to your cats and can even infect you with some.
  In my county they are under the exact same requirements as dogs. Sardines for bait work best. It is illegal to shoot or harm them but you can trap them and they will pick them up. Don't blame the cat, blame the owner.
  Spend the money for a "Havaheart #1089" trap they are best and wont harm the cat. Cat owners will be charged if they recover the cat and a 3rd offense carry's a 235.00 "repeat offender" fine.  
   Catch him, call the Kitty Cops and they will put him in pussy prison. He/she could end up getting the home he/she needs!  :2thumbs:  

Fred

Quote from: b5blue on May 14, 2012, 04:32:13 PM
 Google "animal control" for your county. Stray and Ferrel cats completely destroy Florida's ecosystem, they can carry 15 to 20 diseases that they can spread to your cats and can even infect you with some.
  In my county they are under the exact same requirements as dogs. Sardines for bait work best. It is illegal to shoot or harm them but you can trap them and they will pick them up. Don't blame the cat, blame the owner.
  Spend the money for a "Havaheart #1089" trap they are best and wont harm the cat. Cat owners will be charged if they recover the cat and a 3rd offense carry's a 235.00 "repeat offender" fine.  
   Catch him, call the Kitty Cops and they will put him in pussy prison. He/she could end up getting the home he/she needs!  :2thumbs:  

I'm with you b5blue,
That really is the best option miller time. Catch it and take it to an animal  shelter. I know it will be a bit of an effort but this way it gets a second chance. Someone might adopt it but if not, it's put down humanely. Whatever you do don't release it. It will be just another stray and if not spayed or neutered it will mate and before you know it there'll be heaps more and these will all be feral. They really do lay into the wild life as that's their only source of food and yes, they most definitely carry disease's.
If all else fails, you need to put a bullet in it. Sounds mean (and yes, I'm an animal lover) but it really is your only other option and the best way out for both you and the cat.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

miller time

i would have shot that dog for scratching my car and charged the owner and as for at 3 am i would have blow a load in his face, and by me i mean my 12 gauge and by load i mean 00 buckshot, i like the us postal so i want send it that way sorry, i have a holes call animal control when my dog gets out (the once a year he does) i wont do it to someone else id rather it be shot then caught by them, they charge for everything here they charge to leave a trap, pick up an animal everything they are cheap bastards kind of like the rest of the country, maby their is a trend here  :scratchchin:
the trap is set, i will probably lock it in my truck tool box hit a lot of bumps and slide around some corner on my way out west and about 30 miles from town ill open the box and chuck rocks till it out of sight, no domestic cat is going to hurt our eco system, in fact it might eat some feild mice and eventually, sooner then later be buzzard lunch, which they are endangered so I'm helping even more, and possums and raccoons do way more damage and carry alot more dieseases then cat, this one doesn't have anything from what i know it shows no signs

PS I will tell yall what, from now on start your post with KILL or REALISE, if i get a 9 to 10 kill to realise ratio ill off the flea bag but id rather feed the buzzards, because im humane :)

TK73

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 13, 2012, 11:55:35 PM
Would rather pop whomever is the irresponsible owner.

I vote you to be the owner
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!