News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket armrest

Started by J-440, May 12, 2012, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

Snagged an armrest from a 1992 Lincoln Mk7 and installed it on the center console lid.  Has 2 slideout cupholders and storage bin.  Works well but had to drill 4 holes in the original console lid. Thought I'd share.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

A383Wing

I used a 66-67 Charger console armrest..no cup holders though

Bryan

kab69440

Mine is the top half of a buddy seat mounted on hand fabbed aluminum brackets. It is bolted to the console body. It swings up and back to access the stow box underneath.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Dino

Quote from: A383Wing on May 12, 2012, 05:49:37 PM
I used a 66-67 Charger console armrest..no cup holders though

Bryan

I did the same thing.  I like the buddy seat armrest as well and planned on doing just that untill I figured out the 66-67 armrest was a bolt on deal!  Eventually I'll keep the base but thicken the armrest and add a cup holder.  Maybe I can bolt the buddy seat armrest to the 66-67 console frame! 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kab69440

It's a bolt in, yeah. But it is very low. For an average-sized person, it probably works fine. I'm a big boy though, and I needed the extra height. The buddy seat wasn't doing anything else at the time, so it got cannibalized.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Dino

Quote from: kab69440 on May 17, 2012, 07:42:24 PM
It's a bolt in, yeah. But it is very low. For an average-sized person, it probably works fine. I'm a big boy though, and I needed the extra height. The buddy seat wasn't doing anything else at the time, so it got cannibalized.

You're right, it's low.  Since my seat foam is just about gone it works out great but once the seats are redone I'll need to raise the height of the armrest or get one like yours..
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kab69440

Another random thought...  The buddy seat back will not work on a 67-70 console as I have it mounted. The later consoles are not long enough. I suppose an alternative mounting bracket could be made to offset to the rear a few inches, or maybe a bracket from the floor to console top.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny