News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 Cougar OR 1963 Chevy C-10 pick up?!?!? help!! lol

Started by HITMAN 149, May 11, 2012, 09:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?? 67 Cougar OR 63 C-10??

1963 Chevy C-10
1967 Mercury Cougar

HITMAN 149

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-Chevy-C-10-Short-Bed-Stepside-Pick-Up-/320901955038?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab73f3dde
the truck guy is looking for $7500 b/o? he's in Carlisle Pa (@ 3hrs away from me). reserve was met at $5,500. it ends tomorrow (5/12) around 5pm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261020052939&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648
the guy's reserve last month was $10K. it ended at $7,700 with no sale. (@ 2hrs away from me) 289ci, Ps/pb, It really just needs wheels and new dual exhaust!! lol

I'm undecided!!!! UGGGGGG!!! lol They are both within my budget, the truck is cheaper, and I'd have more "play" money with it!! lol
My wife likes the truck better, but I've really had my eye on a 67 or 68 cougar lately!!
HELP!!!! lol
:cheers:

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

74bluecharger440

so why do you need help you just said "the wife likes the truck better" and good luck getting alot of responses on mopar site

HITMAN 149

Hey Blue,
Yes I know "happy wife... happy life!!" lol I was just curious on some other opinions & thoughts...
and I've been on here for a while.... and OUR MOPAR guys and gals HELP out EVERYONE!!!  :2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

jaak

I voted to the 63 p/u. My Grandfather had a 62, so I've always had a soft spot for that body style C-10. But the Cougar is a good looking car, too. Tough choice for you for sure.

Jason

FlatbackFanatic

I voted for the Cougar, but, I changed my mind, I like the p/u better. The Cougar looked like it had some rust on the frame....
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: 74bluecharger440 on May 11, 2012, 09:41:16 PM
so why do you need help you just said "the wife likes the truck better" and good luck getting alot of responses on mopar site

Way to add value.  Your post was the most helpful in the group.  Not.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

FLG

The motor in the Cougar is going to leave a ton on the table and it cant get out of its own way

That being said

In your search for a truck you spelled "Power Wagon" wrong

Talk to Troy (our leader), he might still be selling his power wagon, 440, trans recently redone, and he's the lucky one to have had someone modify it so its not 4wd all the time, has switchable box and well within your budget.

Why go to Ferd? Stick to Mopar...find a nice dart, scamp, or duster..ect there cheap enough.

Chryco Psycho

After the 64 C10 I owned when I was a kid i would not scrape up $5 to by one

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

rt green

third string oil changer

stripedelete

If you're open to a truck you can find a long bed from that generation or the next, for the same money.   It would ride better and be more functional.

I had a 1972 c10 heavy half ton.  I regret selling it.   

Scaregrabber

I really dislike the looks of those Chevy trucks prior to the body change in the late 60's. They weren't much of a truck with the coil spring rear suspension either. I like that Cougar though and it will hold it's value much better.

Sheldon

twodko

A truck is always handy to have around. 60 series GM trucks, especially short bed step sides, are getting harder to find and that looks like it's got a 350 crate in it. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

HITMAN 149

the truck sold for $6700 on sat, and was picked up on sunday!! I did not get a chance to get up there & scope it out!!! I do not have it like that where I can just buy a vehicle without looking at it first!! lol (like most of us on here!! hahaha) so the hunt & decision still goes on!! but thanks for all the input!! I will keep you guys posted when i grab something?!?!? lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on May 12, 2012, 02:49:15 AM
Quote from: 74bluecharger440 on May 11, 2012, 09:41:16 PM

Way to add value.  Your post was the most helpful in the group.  Not.

as you can see he only has 9 posts..... lol  :icon_smile_blackeye:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

rooks

As others have mentioned, a pickup is a handy thing to have. They fit right in amongst the classics crowd, and you'll find you'll get much more use out of it. However there is a downside, all your mates will have you on speed dial if they ever need to move house or decide to buy some new furniture.

rt green

third string oil changer

HITMAN 149

hahaha yea I remember when i had my 01 ram!! lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

nvrbdn

i have trucks. newer ones to pull the camper and the mini to go to work. the cars i have by choice are my 70 charger and a 69 cougar. thats a sweet cougar there. i just like em. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

You like the cougar but the wife prefers a truck?  The solution is obvious, bolt a cougar front on a ranchero!   :nana:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

nvrbdn

well, the cougar didnt get its reserve. keep searching. im more into the 57 chevy step side truck body. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House