News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will the price of a Shelby Charger climb, now that Carroll Shelby has died?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, May 11, 2012, 03:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Aww man. He was a legend. Probably gave more to the muscle car industry than any one other person I can think of. R.I.P.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

wingcar

He may have been able to outrun the "competition" back in the day, but none of us can out run the clock................
R.I.P. 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

472 R/T SE

Dang man, his body isn't even cold yet & you're hoping to profit off him.  :ohhthesarcasm: ;)

1974dodgecharger

my buddy just ordered the super snake shelby will that increase now?  It saids its nearly 800HP.....

69charger2002

i don't think they will increase. just my opinion. they will do whatever the market allows due to rarity and condition, not because the person's name that is on them passed away.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Mike DC

IMO we might see a temporary spike but that's it.  The guy wasn't assembling the cars himself.  

If Ralph Lauren died, it wouldn't really affect the price of Polo clothes.  

stripedelete

Aero426

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 11, 2012, 07:20:38 PM
Dang man, his body isn't even cold yet & you're hoping to profit off him.  :ohhthesarcasm: ;)

Don't feel bad.   $helby was a money man himself.  

I don't think the Dodges will move much, but older Shelby memorabilia and cars will probably get a bump.  Shelby is the biggest celebrity death in the car world since Enzo died.   People on every board, blog and magazine are writing about him as if he should be canonized.  

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Aero426 on May 12, 2012, 01:03:11 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 11, 2012, 07:20:38 PM
Dang man, his body isn't even cold yet & you're hoping to profit off him.  :ohhthesarcasm: ;)

Don't feel bad.   $helby was a money man himself.  

I don't think the Dodges will move much, but older Shelby memorabilia and cars will probably get a bump.  Shelby is the biggest celebrity death in the car world since Enzo died.   People on every board, blog and magazine are writing about him as if he should be canonized.  

Maybe not canonized, but stuffed and trailered, show to show, for future generations  :rofl:

Budnicks

I kind of doubt the Dodge Shelby's either the 80's GLH Charger's or the Dakota's or the Series 1 Olds powered cars will increase much in value, if any... But the older 63-69 Cobra & Shelby stuff I think will increase in value, in the next couple of auctions, then tapper off again, back to where they are now, except his personal cars maybe... I don't know who's cars these are, the others I had won't load...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

404NOTFOUND

Mr. Shelby was into signing glovebox doors for those who gave to his charity. My neighbour across the street has a new Shelby that is signed. I have to think it just went up a bit in value. No amount of money could get you a signature now.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

G-man

Good point,

However, there are many Ford owners that think he was just a money grabbing scumbag. So the signature thing may not go far. I dont know much about him personaly so I am not saying either way.

Tilar

Quote from: stripedelete on May 12, 2012, 12:21:21 PM
I dunno.  What's a Delorean going for these days?

Man those things go to both ends of the spectrum. Some are outrageously high and some are reasonable for a used car.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BrianShaughnessy

I really doubt it'll make a difference in the long run.     Not many people besides people heavily into FWD turbo Dodges think they're worth much at all...   and the people that are into them are somewhat delusional as to their worth.

Shelby helped with the GLH / GLHS,  and a few ohters like the Dak,  the Thrifty cars but anything more than that and it was decals like my old Shelby Z Daytonas.   

He'll be remembered more for the Cobras and the Mustangs.   Not his Dodge era.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

71ChallengeHer

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on May 13, 2012, 06:21:14 PM
My Shelby is from the Dodge era.  ;)

Well yeah...  but she's special!   :2thumbs:

And I doubt Carroll had anything to do with it...  unless you've got something to fess up  :icon_smile_big:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 13, 2012, 06:38:50 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on May 13, 2012, 06:21:14 PM
My Shelby is from the Dodge era.  ;)

Well yeah...  but she's special!   :2thumbs:

And I doubt Carroll had anything to do with it...  unless you've got something to fess up  :icon_smile_big:
Yes, she is.  :2thumbs:    My lips are sealed.  :rofl: :rofl:

moparstuart

I sold my low miles  87 shelby charger a couple years ago ,  I hated to but i needed the money and got top dollar for it at the time .   I have a 2.2 turbo crate motor just been looking for the right L body shelby charger to buy to put it in .   Love the little cars and will have another one someday . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Budnicks

Heres a couple of Mopar related Shelby's

Budnicks

A couple more for the Shelby Dodges R.I.P. Carroll, you will be missed....

Budnicks

Some more of the non Mopar Shelby's

Budnicks

Some of the newest, If you can't tell Carroll Shelby is an Icon to me....

Budnicks

71charger_fan

It's funny. I finish up my magazines and leave them on a shelf near the back entrance to the 3rd floor here at the embassy in Pakistan. They almost always get scooped up within a day or two. The Autoweek with cover story on Carroll Shelby has been there for weeks. People have picked around it to take old Popular Mechanics.

JB400

Problem with these cars is not many have even heard of them.  Put one in F&F and interests in these cars will go through the roof.

Ghoste

JB400

Do you really want to get in that conversation again?  People are gullible.  They see something cool done with a particular car, and hey, I want one of those too!

Ghoste

Yeah, but I don't think F&F could bring much love to the relative unknowns at this point.  I think as a movie franchise its largely spent, they make money but they aren't exatly blockbusters anymore.

JB400

That's why I think F&F needs some competion.  People are getting bored with the series. I know I am.  I waited a month after F5 first come on HBO before I actually sat down and watched it.  Let's have some competition with some lesser known cars and some new faces and have some decent movies.  Take the fake computer crap out of it.