News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me identify seats from 68 Charger???

Started by suttonbrad, July 17, 2012, 05:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suttonbrad

I am trying to verify that these are 68 Charger seats with a non-factory upholstery job on them.  Anyone know how I can verify?

I don't want to buy seat covers and foam for a 68 Charger if these are some off brand...

thanks,
Brad

Budnicks

They look like maybe the same seat bodies, the head rests were optional in 68, I believe they weren't mandatory tell 69... I found one photo {from here I think it was} of charger front seats, but they are with out the optional head rests... they do look similar, but it's hard to tell with the non-OEM type upholstery or better shots of the hinges, mounts, controls etc...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Dans 68

Headrests were mandatory on Jan 1, 1969.

Can you post a few more photos, showing the seat back hinges, the adjustment lever, the back of the seat with the cover off? That would help a lot.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Back N Black

looks like 69 coronet seats,same frame just different skins.

Ghoste

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on July 18, 2012, 08:54:32 AM
Those headrests don't look right though.

I think they've been covered and makes them look that way.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

They are very likely b body seats, I'm sure the back seat is or it simply wouldn't fit.  Show a pic of the hinges and we can tell you for sure.  I agree with Cooter on the headrests.  If the seats are b body then so are the headrests.  I think the c body headrests are different so measure between the chrome bars just to be safe.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Are there bezels under those headrests?  (not that it matters, I just can't see any on this monitor so I'm asking is all)

Budnicks

Quote from: Ghoste on July 18, 2012, 08:54:32 AM
Those headrests don't look right though.
yep,  :2thumbs: like they are too small, or too round, or not long enough, or something...  :shruggy:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ghoste

Is it hard to adapt different ones to the frame though or is it just as was mentioned and they are correct but missing the chrome band and it makes them look odd?

suttonbrad

Here is the side of the seat with hand control.

thanks,
Brad

bull

What does the seat back look like? Do they have these boards?

ACUDANUT

Those seat back board look right, and most 68 seats have slits or pleats in them.