News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

clutch adjustment??

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, May 07, 2012, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

i feel like an idiot first off. i ordered a new clutch rod kit cuse i just lost my old one. i got it on but when i press the clutch the pedal stays on the floor. im looking right at the factory service manual and i think i got it right. any idea what my stupid ass is doing wrong?  :brickwall: id rather not have to push the car in the garage as i almost killed myself last time doing that. thanks guys!

i got the spring on the bell housing and the clutch rod. is this correct or does it go in the hole on the z bar?

71superbee

Rolling_Thunder

spring should go from the clutch fork to the bellhousing...   that however does not give you the tension...    You did make sure the lower rod if going from the clutch fork to the Z bar right?  If you're clutch pedal goes to the floor and stays there it is completely disconnected somewhere....     So either the lower rod came out of the fork / off the Z bar, of the upper rod came off the Z bar or off the clutch pedal stud.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Brightyellow69rtse

ok thanks man ive had better days working on the car thats for sure. i got the seats all fixed up and mounted. there were both missing mounting studs so i welded on some threaded rod. i smashed my damn face on the collector crawling under there as many times as i did. i summoned super human strength and after about 15 minutes of noises and swearing i got it in the garage. ill check it out tomorrow and see if can make better sense of it.  i wish the driveway was flat  :lol: