News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buick Grand National, or Chargers in a barn?

Started by SG1022, May 04, 2012, 10:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

tan top

69 looks like F3  :scratchchin: ??  :popcrn:

heres a couple of pictures before the ad goes  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemi Runner

My best friend still has the 87 GN he bought new. Still has less than 20,000 miles on it. If I wanted a GN, it's the one I'd buy.

1970Moparmann

Always liked GNs.  Saw one yesterday by me that sparked my interest again.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ACUDANUT

I'd buy a Charger before one of those ungly buicks :yesnod:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ACUDANUT

69 OUR/TEA

After reading all the info about the car and looking at the pics,hold out for a nicer one that is cleaner and less wrong SG1022.After owning mine now for 21 years and having alot of friends that have or had them,learned quite abit about them,ntm all the vendors/clubs I've delt with,it can cost you a few more dollars than you are anticipating on spending on some of those items that need to be addressed on this one.The owner says runs poorly and tried messing with the timing?You don't mess with the timing on those,it is a cam sensor,you set it and forget it.Tranny issues,etc.Bad way to enter into turbo Buicks with that one,IMO. :Twocents:

SRT-440

I agree...U dont want a basketcase GN..I almost bought one in this condition but kept looking and found one for a little more that needs nothing and already had the desirable mods.
Awesome cars...and can be super fast!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

SG1022

I was looking for them, and found this one. I wasn't actually looking into buying this one. Thanks anyways though, always good to get feedback!  :cheers:

I would love to have one, but unless someone wants to trade for my Charger, I don't think it's in the cards right now.

STR-440, can you post the details on your car again? I remember the thread when you bought it, but it looks like that thread is gone now. Your car is BUILT!  :drool5:

XS29LA47V21

I get that :cheers:, I had one in my past and I would like to have another someday....

ACUDANUT

I'd take a 85 Monte Carlo SS with T-Tops over a GN.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 07, 2012, 08:53:34 AM
I'd take a 85 Monte Carlo SS over a GL

You'd take a 85 Monte SS over a General Lee ? :shruggy:

bull

GNs are cool but only because they're fast. Take away the engine setup and it's just another black grocery-getter. I'd take a 69 Charger, GL clown suit or not, over a GN every day. Still a 2nd gen Charger and they're the best looking car made IMO.

TK73

GN's are cool.

Would take a '69 GL though... and change it from that goofy tv scheme...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on May 07, 2012, 09:24:05 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 07, 2012, 08:53:34 AM
I'd take a 85 Monte Carlo SS over a GL

You'd take a 85 Monte SS over a General Lee ? :shruggy:

:popcrn: :smilielol: :smilielol: 

ahh  Ditto, however I would note....Got dog 87SS now........I want my GN back (actually was a 87T).

:poke:  I am clearly a product of watching D.O.Haz during prime time and proud of it, but GLs are not my thing in any condition, sorry.

This topic clearly related to the Charger head age group, however maybe "I am profilling". :lol: :lol: it seems over the yrs I have met 5-10 other guys with a Charger and a GN, what exactly is wrong with that?

ACUDANUT

I meant GN....NOT GL. I would love to own a General Lee someday. :angel:

XS29LA47V21

:2thumbs:  I should read more carefully...I stand corrected (and have no interest the movie thing, well ok maybe a black 68 RT someday :lol: :lol:)

SRT-440

I'm a diehard Mopar guy also...the GN is the only GM product I own...it's made to go fast and actually has a LOT of street cred...but I think any of us would prefer a 2nd gen Charger.
My 71 Dart and 70 RR are pretty quick also...but the GN is in a league by itself performance wise.
:2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: SRT-440 on May 08, 2012, 01:28:30 PM
I'm a diehard Mopar guy also...the GN is the only GM product I own...it's made to go fast and actually has a LOT of street cred...but I think any of us would prefer a 2nd gen Charger.
My 71 Dart and 70 RR are pretty quick also...but the GN is in a league by itself performance wise.
:2thumbs:

I'm right with ya SRT-440,my first "have to own car" was a 69 Charger growing up,but when the GN's came out while I was in high school,took a big liking to them as well.Beleive it or not,cause of how they looked.It was'nt till later that I found out the perfomance potential they had.Besides myself,alot of friends had them as well,and it was'nt uncommon to thow about $500 into them and a set of slicks and see them go 12.50's,with never going inside the motor,tranny,or gear changes.Without doubt,the easiest of the 80's cars to get into mid/low 12's with least amount of work/money.NTM,what a fun car to drive,handles fairly well,A/C,passes emissions,25 mpg on the highway,etc.All around fun car.I see alot of Mopar folk that take a liking to them,ntm,owning one.For being a brand X,is it widely accepted as a cool car regardless of your major brand following.
  I have the Mopars I want now,but do have a liking for quite a few other brand musclecars that I would'nt mind owning.The other one that I just recently aquired does'nt fall to far from the GN/T-Type era,and funny thing while not a GN,has the same performance potential and then some as it is powered by the same thing,Buick 3.8 SFI turbo.
1989 20th anniversary Trans Am pace car, 1,555 made,and GM's first pace car to pace an Indy 500 that needed no engine mods to reach the required 176mph on the track.All the same characteristics as the GN,but handles like night and day.Now that I have driven it around a bit,what a fun car to.Still is weird driving it knowing you are in a Trans Am,but you hear and feel the distictive 3.8 turbo sound.You'd be suprised how many people don't know what it is,and just think it's some stickers on the door.

SRT-440

This is the first GN I've ever driven...it's pretty amazing cuz the motor is just a stock rebuild with a bigger turbo, alky and supporting mods...it has Z06 brakes so it stops and handles just as good.
Still surprises me everytime I drive it...last weekend I was cruising at 60mph and punched it and left 2 black marks on the freeway! LOL!
TTA's are awesome and rare...ur right most ppl don't have a clue about them...is it all stock?

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: SRT-440 on May 08, 2012, 05:23:47 PM
This is the first GN I've ever driven...it's pretty amazing cuz the motor is just a stock rebuild with a bigger turbo, alky and supporting mods...it has Z06 brakes so it stops and handles just as good.
Still surprises me everytime I drive it...last weekend I was cruising at 60mph and punched it and left 2 black marks on the freeway! LOL!
TTA's are awesome and rare...ur right most ppl don't have a clue about them...is it all stock?

Yes,15k orig miles.

69 OUR/TEA

SG1022,go over to turbobuick.com and scan the cars for sale section,tons in there in all condition and price range. :2thumbs: