News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger missing AC Heaterbox intake hose?

Started by PlainfieldCharger, May 03, 2012, 07:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlainfieldCharger

Howdy All,

I am restoring a 68 Charger RT, outside is done, no working under the dash. The AC heaterbox is coming out for a rebuild. My problem is it is missing parts that connect the box to the underside of the dash. I have seen a hose with plastic panel and a "plenum". Are these what I am missing? I can't find a part# or description of any of this. Any help will be much appreciated.  ;)

From what I can tell here are the part numbers from my center outlet duct and center plenum.

Center duct - #2837590
Center plenum  - #2837580

The intake hose I have no idea of the part number, I just asked for the large heater box intake hose.

You'll also need the center dash defroster hoses (repro) and the A/C side vent hoses (repro).

PlainfieldCharger

I am pretty sure I have these. Not that big intake hose though... where does this hook to on the heaterbox and firewall?

PlainfieldCharger

That large intake hose Part looked new on your post.  :drool5: Did you get that new?

I can't post pics in PM so I'll continue here. My intake hose is not new, it's a restored original. I attached a photo of the original from the car.

The square end gets connected to the intake box of the heater box. The two tabs on the hose slip into corresponding slots in the top of the box and is retained with two screws on the bottom.

The oval end connects to the cowling via two "J" bolts.

PlainfieldCharger

:yesnod:Thanks 440 This is excatly the pics I needed. Now I can search out this part.

Good luck finding one, there should be plenty out there to choose from. Make sure you get one in good shape that's not torn or split.   :2thumbs:

gtx6970

Quote from: 440 on May 04, 2012, 08:03:08 AM
Good luck finding one, there should be plenty out there to choose from. Make sure you get one in good shape that's not torn or split.   :2thumbs:
Finding good used ones is tougher than you think, most are all dried up and split in the folds of the fabric( I need one if you find 2 )

That hose I've posted is in pretty good shape other then a few small splits which could easily repaired I think. I don't need it but I'm on the other side of the world.

gtx6970

Quote from: 440 on May 23, 2012, 09:19:04 AM
That hose I've posted is in pretty good shape other then a few small splits which could easily repaired I think. I don't need it but I'm on the other side of the world.

I have one  here , that will work in a pinch up till the tiome I need it ( soon ) , but if I could find one with no splits  or cuts I would do the happy dance.

All the ones I come acroess are either torn / split or mouses got to them.

PlainfieldCharger

Have been searching tons of posts and even calling yards. Have found one that I received in good shape. Still looking for the WoW factor.

I am sure I will have logged more time on the net looking for this part than any other at this point in my interior restore.

:eek2:

Wow, I guess I got lucky as the one I have is like new. It has no splits and is so soft still that it won't stand up under its own weight.