News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unrestored Neil Armstrong vette up to $250k on Ebay

Started by bull, May 03, 2012, 06:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Wonder how much Astro Glide he used on the previous owner. He says he tried for 30 years to buy the car only to turn around and flip it once he did buy it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

68X426

Was it on the moon? No.

So it's still just an overpriced Brand X.  :stirthepot:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

404NOTFOUND

$4000.00, one small step for Chevrolet. $249,000,00, one giant leap for the current owner. :icon_smile_big:
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Tilar

One can only hope to watch this on a Barrett Jackson auction in another year and laugh as it sells for $75,000.  :hah:
Dave  

Aero426

Quote from: 68X426 on May 03, 2012, 07:16:53 PM

Was it on the moon? No.

So it's still just an overpriced Brand X.  :stirthepot:

Pretty much.   I smell a shill. 

Budnicks

If it is real & actually Neil Armstrongs Vette GM/NASA gave all the astronauts, supposedly "special" Vette's & Stingrays back in the 60's, I saw this on another forum too, I love stuff from the space age, I would love to have a 67 390hp 427ci Vette, especially from a famous guy/astronaut, tons of history there, but not for anywhere near that price... Hell there are tons of Resto-Modded & Pro-Touring mid 60's Vette's selling for $150K+ & even some 66-67 435hp "tri power" 427ci 4spd convertible Vettes & 65 425hp 396ci Vette's selling for over $200K "if they are done right & real"....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

jaak

Indygenerallee

Vettes are shit im sorry they are all overpriced Go Karts, they are like assholes as all the assholes have them  :smilielol: :lol: I can see the ringman at the BJ auction screaming "smell the seats, Neil Armstrong did in fact fart on them!"
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Tilar on May 03, 2012, 07:16:22 PM
He says he tried for 30 years to buy the car only to turn around and flip it once he did buy it.

Yea, I noticed that too.

He tried for 30 years to buy the car and restore it. . . . so he just picked it up last month and now hopes to make $200 grand on it.  What an a-hole, just be honest.  He is a flipper and hopes to make some fat cash on a quick flip.  I applaud the guy if he is making money off of the car, just don't give me the BS, "I was going to restore it but I have too many toys" story.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

myk

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I was thinking... If one does not like the price of this Corvette, they could always buy the other 1967 Corvette of Mr. Armstrong's... Oh, wait... :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 04, 2012, 07:05:19 PM
Vettes are shit im sorry they are all overpriced Go Karts, they are like assholes as all the assholes have them  :smilielol: :lol: I can see the ringman at the BJ auction screaming "smell the seats, Neil Armstrong did in fact fart on them!"
I guess you don't know much about Corvettes? My 72 454 conv was solid and reliable, let alone fun to drive. The Vettes of today beat and challenge cars costing more than double their cost. Corvettes are not as you think. At all.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Indygenerallee

:lol: Solid and reliable sorry but those two words don't go together when speaking of a GM product, I have worked on too many vettes to count they are shit boxes imo if you don't agree too bad  :slap:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 05, 2012, 08:43:33 AMThe Vettes of today beat and challenge cars costing more than double their cost. Corvettes are not as you think. At all.

+1  :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 05, 2012, 10:05:33 AM
:lol: Solid and reliable sorry but those two words don't go together when speaking of a GM product, I have worked on too many vettes to count they are shit boxes imo if you don't agree too bad  :slap:
I owned several. You claim to have worked on them. I'll take my ownership over your claim of wrench turning any day. Obviously you are bius about GM products. GM has made and still makes many great cars and thats a fact. If you don't agree, who cares?   Not me.   :down:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Indygenerallee

ASE/ I-CAR certified worked at a GM and Dodge Stealership now I own my own shop.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 05, 2012, 03:50:22 PM
ASE/ I-CAR certified worked at a GM and Dodge Stealership now I own my own shop.
And with all that experience your worldly knowledge is that GM makes junk?
Well Ive owned close to 100 GM cars and my own dealership/repair shop. I also was the first in my state to be an EVT. Emergency vehicle tech. You say this, and I say that. But for anyone to say any of the big 3 in America make junk tells me you don't know what you're talking about. ASE/ I CAR or not.

Indygenerallee

There are a few good GM products best V6 ever built was probably a 3.8 GM other than the Intake cracking I have never seen a problem with one. Chrysler has it's fair share of turds most noteably the pre-04 2.7 V6 and the newer 4.7 and 3.7 have head problems, every make has problems but I am a Mopar guy and don't care for Vettes, Most owners are snobs and think their shit does not stink, sorry but that's the way I see it. :Twocents:

myk

Man, if what GM is pumping out now isn't considered good quality I don't know what is. :scratchchin:

Tilar

The only experience I've had with a new GM product lately was a new Malibu that I rented on my trip to Hawaii last month. I can say with 100% certainty that my 12 year old Buick Regal rides and drives better than the 2012 Malibu does.
Dave  

Ghoste

So who bids on these things, Vette speculators, space geeks, the Smithsonian?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 05, 2012, 05:43:47 PM
There are a few good GM products best V6 ever built was probably a 3.8 GM other than the Intake cracking I have never seen a problem with one. Chrysler has it's fair share of turds most noteably the pre-04 2.7 V6 and the newer 4.7 and 3.7 have head problems, every make has problems but I am a Mopar guy and don't care for Vettes, Most owners are snobs and think their shit does not stink, sorry but that's the way I see it. :Twocents:
I understand your feelings about vette guys and I feel the same way.  That's why I sold the vette.  Vette guys wave to vette guys, in my Charger I wave to all Muscle cars.  But anyway on GM, come on?  Today's caddy's, the 55/57, SS Impala's,  69 Z /28's, 67/70  Chevelle's (LS6), GS1, early vettes and today's vette.  GTO's and on and on.  Certainly GM like all 3 have put out some great stuff.  69 Charger, 69 GTO conv I'll take em both.   :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Tilar on May 05, 2012, 07:39:38 PM
The only experience I've had with a new GM product lately was a new Malibu that I rented on my trip to Hawaii last month. I can say with 100% certainty that my 12 year old Buick Regal rides and drives better than the 2012 Malibu does.
I've heard good reviews on the Malibu, but at least here we can say that GM was building great cars back in 2000.  :icon_smile_big:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on May 05, 2012, 07:43:08 PM
So who bids on these things, Vette speculators, space geeks, the Smithsonian?
If I'm reading the bid correct, I think 250k is crazy for that car.

Ghoste

It seems insane to me, even if there is a shill.  That's why I can't imagine it being a "regular" car guy.

TUFCAT

Tilar

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 05, 2012, 07:46:36 PM
I've heard good reviews on the Malibu, but at least here we can say that GM was building great cars back in 2000.  :icon_smile_big:

I definitley like my Regal. It's not far from the ride my old Mark V Lincoln had which was amazing. I wasn't impressed with the Malibu in the least. but it did get us from point A to point B.
Dave  

bull

73 bids, final bid: US $250,090.00. Reserve not met. :o How's that? Reserve not met!?!?

Indygenerallee

Guy is a idiot, He should have taken the money and ran!!! Another big dreamer......

1969chargerrtse

I don't know?  Neil Armstrong?  My thought was if a similar vette was worth 70ish, that unrestored one is worth about double, and then another 50 grand to restore it. I think it'll sit like all the $500,00.00 Daytonas out there after its sold and restored.

Tilar

He had a starting price of 100k, I'd have removed the reserve after the first bid. Even at that he probably would have tripled his money.
Dave  

1969chargerrtse

Stopped by a Chevy dearlership today and saw a Malibu on the floor. It was one nice looking well built car. The interior was really well done and usually got great reviews.  I was wondering what you didn't like?  Road noise, hard ride etc?