News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door pad recovering

Started by Patronus, July 15, 2012, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

Im looking for some help with an adhesive for some interior cloth. I had hoped to use it to re-skin my upper door pads but I can't find an adhesive that doesn't soak into the cloth and become useless. I've had success with replacing the foam using leftover headliner adhesive but it just soaks in..?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

twodko

Try a test cover some where using 3M spray adhesive.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

The 3m spray adhesive is what the upholstery shop generally uses at the place where I work.  I'm not sure if there are different grades or versions of it but I know thats what they prefer.

b5blue

Contact cement, brush or roll it on.  :scratchchin:

twodko

I would lightly spray both surfaces and use some wax paper between them to accurately position the material and pull the wax paper out a bit at a time while smoothing the material in place. My concern with rolling adhesive on would be soak through.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Patronus

I've known a saddle and tack maker who used contact cement. I also apply laminets sometimes.. I'd think just to glue the edges setting one side, and then pulling tight and set the other..? I will try a test with the brush. Thanks for the thoughts.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE