News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

talk meets the track

Started by mopar0166, May 02, 2012, 01:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

You said it was the last run for the small block?  :D :D :D I agree with using the biggest shot of Nitrous you can and borrow a set of slicks!! You can't let the Vette show you up!!!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Budnicks

Quote from: mopar0166 on May 03, 2012, 12:12:31 PM
haha, id like to get car home on its own power as well

Set up properly a 75hp-100hp shot N20 won't hurt anything, just need the "N20 plate system" & a separate dedicated fuel system, fuel filter, electric fuel pump capable of sustaining 5-7psi flowing, a dedicated fuel regulator {bypass style preferably, but dead headed style can be used also}, minor fuel/N20 plumbing you can put a small 2 gallon cell up front even for the fuel for the N20 system, to simplify the plumbing & cost, some 10-12ga. solenoid wiring, 12-14ga. wiring with an arming switch & activation override switch, even a hobs switch for either fuel &/or oil pressure... easy peasy.... Beat the hell out of the Vette, he has a lighter car, with a better power to weight ratio... Cheat !! my man Cheat !!
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

RallyeMike

QuoteDoes it really matter at 15 second's in stock car's?  shruggy

Hell yeah. If it's got an engine, race it  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 03, 2012, 10:34:00 PM
QuoteDoes it really matter at 15 second's in stock car's?  shruggy

Hell yeah. If it's got an engine, race it  :2thumbs:

Fun historical fact:

The very first race was held roughly 6 minutes after the second car was built.

Cooter

Lemme see....
Charger Gets the ever popular 318...But, weighs around 3700 Lbs. Of course, a drag race will take place between two cars that clearly have "Airplane" gears.

Vette...Has 350 C.I., more compression, better heads, bigger cam specs, better flowing exhaust, lower gearing in trans (Assuming it's the 700R4), possibly lighter car, Posi rear.

And what made you think that poor Charger had a chance again?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mopar0166

oh wait did i forget to mention he babies that vett like an old lady, i dont see him redlining it at all

FLG

Quote from: mopar0166 on May 04, 2012, 06:59:44 AM
oh wait did i forget to mention he babies that vett like an old lady, i dont see him redlining it at all

Funny my friend who babies his car constantly breaks things. I beat the crap out of mine...fix what breaks and than i find your left with a reliable car. Everything that would break does and the rest is solid  :2thumbs:

mopar0166

cdr

sorry but the vett will SPANK the charger
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Im tellin' ya (in my best Fast and Furious voice) "you need more NOS!!!"  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

mopar0166

yeah finally got the charger tuned up and ready to go, and its running extremley nice right now.  we had a couple of red light specail runs this weekend and i got the light everytime.   takes him a while to catch back up and i think he not opening the throtle enough

RallyeMike

You forgot to mention the Vette driver was a pussy.

Of course though, .... a 93 Vette.  I shoulda figured it out myself  :rotz:

Come on now..... when is real run at the track?!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

mopar0166

hopefully soon it was suppose to be this week but he said maybe in two weeks. 

might have better gears by then haha