News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original Vectors

Started by Danl, July 18, 2012, 01:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danl

I have an old set of 4 American Racing Vectors. Two are 14x7, two are 14x8. They came off a 72 Barracuda. I'd like to post them for sale, but the prices I've seen online are all over the map. Can someone give me an honest assessment of what they're worth? They're in fair shape, no big scrapes, just some oxidation.

I'd buy em.... I'd say $400 - $500 would be in the reasonable range. Fully restored I'd say $700ish.... The prices from some places are out of control.

sanders7981

Quote from: 440 on July 18, 2012, 11:51:02 PM
I'd buy em.... I'd say $400 - $500 would be in the reasonable range. Fully restored I'd say $700ish.... The prices from some places are out of control.

I second that, it seems a fair price.  I paid $350 for a set of 14 x 7's unrestored two years ago, but that was because I was also buying my charger from the same guy I got the rims from.     

Danl

440...Do you want them? if you do, $450+ shipping and they're yours. I live in metro Atlanta. Let me know how to get in touch with you if you want them. If you don't want them, I'm going to post them in the for sale section of this site.

Thanks to both of you for the advice.

I'm on the other side of the country, and I leave in two days for Aus so it might be hard to get them to me. Otherwise I would take them. Thank you for the offer and hope you sell them quickly.

Cooter

Damn, if they's 15"..I'd be all over 'em.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kab69440

Aren't the two on the right 15"? Is it just the angle the pic was taken?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Cooter

"Two are 14x7, two are 14x8"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kab69440

I did read what was posted. That does not mean that there wasn't a typo or that the poster didn't have a brain fart. The two on the left appear to be smaller than the two on the right. That's all I meant to say.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Mike DC

Are you sure they're not 14x6 and 14x7?  

14x8s are pretty friggin' rare and none of those wheels in the pic look that wide to me.

Danl

I was basing 14x7 and 14x8 off these measurements.

Danl

The 7" wheels haven't had tires on them for years. The 8" wheels had 14" tires on them up until about a month ago. I took them off because they had dry rotted. All four are the same diameter.