News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fresh air vent cable

Started by chargd72, May 08, 2012, 11:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

I have '72 SE w/o AC and I have not one, but two, of these under dash fresh air vent cables.  Unfortunately the handles are broken off of both but my question is why are there two?  Do you think one was just a replacement since they are both broke or are there two handles for separate vents?  Neither were attachted to the dash since my car came apart and in boxes.  

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Peters02

On my 72 (nonAC, non-SE) I have two separate cables - one for each side.

chargd72

Ok, then I'm confused.  If the lever on the passenger side it for a hand vent, where on the heater box does the OFF/DEF lever route to?  And where does the LOW/HIGH lever route to?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Peters02

The heater/def and hi low cables should all route to the heater box.  There should be two different levers to which each attaches and should be apparent which is which (one is closer to the heater core and the other is closer to the def vents)

chargd72

Well I'll be a monkey's bare assed uncle, I am missing this lever   :brickwall: