News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New wheels/tires for my Magnum, new stripe kit too.

Started by 472 R/T SE, April 29, 2012, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Well, the verdict is still out on the stripe kit. I don't know what I was thinking. The bright white contrast's against the cool vanilla. I'm gonna see if they can make me up a custom cool vanilla set. I'm after more of a ghost stripe.

The guys at the tire shop all said the Nitto Invos were excellent tires. A couple of them actually run them on their daily drivers'.

The ride is head & shoulders better than the Generals' that were on it.

275/40/20 on the rear
255/45/20 on the front.
Challenger Heritage Classic 20" wheels.  With our daily drivers' when I've replaced wheels I've always tried to stay with factory Mopar wheels.  I put the 5 spoke 20" on our Sport truck.  And now have the best looking set of wheels Mopar makes next to the Vipers on the Maggie.

Future mods:I'm gonna paint the calipers next once I figure out a color & demold it.  
I'm gonna black out the white between the back window & the rear door so it's all one color.
I've been hanging out too much on the LX Forum.  

You might notice I got the biggest, tallest rubber I could run.  Just say no to rubber bands'.

71ChallengeHer

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 29, 2012, 09:03:42 PM
275/40/20 on the rear
255/45/20 on the front.

Could you please take a back shot for me? I'm gonna need new tires for my Magnum soon and I was looking at those sizes for my 20" SRT8 wheels. Those wheels look GREAT on yours!!! :cheers: Any rubbing issues?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

mpdlawdog

Looks great :2thumbs:  I always wanted one for a cruiser!  Khan and I would have probably gotten in trouble.  One of the guys I dog train with has one...I will snap a picture the next time we train together.
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Charger-Bodie

Looks Awesome! Love Those cars. Someday I would like to have one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BBKNARF

68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 30, 2012, 07:34:37 AM
I miss my Maggie!

Hard to beat IMO, did you loose your mind :smilielol: :smilielol: just joking, still got mine, great driving daily driver for sure with family life, dreaming they make a 2013magwag like I was reading on allpar

The classic package wheels sure change the look :2thumbs:

draftingmonkey

Still running my 18's on my Magnum. My back and my azz prefer as much sidewall cush as possible. 245/60/18 Michelins on board. I guess I just must be boring.

472 R/T SE

As the sake of you possibly calling me a liar, believe it or not it's a better ride.  I noticed within 50' of the tire shop. 
Again though, I had Generals on beforehand so maybe a different set of tires would have given me a better ride than these 20"s.   :shruggy:

You're not boring.  I just wanted something different.   :2thumbs:

draftingmonkey

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 30, 2012, 11:51:53 PM
As the sake of you possibly calling me a liar, believe it or not it's a better ride.  I noticed within 50' of the tire shop. 
Again though, I had Generals on beforehand so maybe a different set of tires would have given me a better ride than these 20"s.   :shruggy:

You're not boring.  I just wanted something different.   :2thumbs:
Nah, I wouldn't call you a liar. All I can say is from my personal experience, a little more sidewall makes a more comfortable ride.  Kicked the 15's on the wifes CR-V up one width size and next size up on sidewall profile.  The harsh ride went away and it became quite comfortable. Different tires may not always feel the same.  Most important is that it is your car and if you are happy, that is all that counts. While it is a look that is not for me, it does look good   :2thumbs: . Enjoy.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on April 30, 2012, 08:47:39 AM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 30, 2012, 07:34:37 AM
I miss my Maggie!

Hard to beat IMO, did you loose your mind :smilielol: :smilielol: just joking, still got mine, great driving daily driver for sure with family life, dreaming they make a 2013magwag like I was reading on allpar

The classic package wheels sure change the look :2thumbs:

Mine was a lemon! It went through 3 front ends under warranty but when I was within 2000 kms of it running out I traded it in. I got tired of it being at the dealer after a while. There was an 2006 SRT8 parked beside my work for sale but I just couldn't pull the trigger but if one comes along it may end up in the garage only if its silver ;)
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

472 R/T SE

The purchase of an SRT is the reason I changed my ride up.

I was at the dealership getting a $9 oil change/car wash.  There was an '07 MSRT with 30k miles there they just took on trade that they needed to unlower so they could sell it as a certified used car. It was sitting in back waiting it's turn in service.  I was interested in the car & the previous owner showed up that day while I was talking to the salesman who did the deal. I ended up with the dude's phone number cause there was a strong possibility that I was gonna trade my R/T in on it & he was gonna end up with the lowering kit & still had the factory wheels.  We had talked #'s, I got a permission slip from the better half, everything was lining up.

The salesman knew we were going to Seattle for the weekend for my daughters state soccer tournament but yet he called & said the car was ready, we just figured typical salesman. It was the very next day, we were up north. We got home & to much of the dismay of my wife & daughter I swung by the dealership. Car wasn't there. I got home, looked on the 'net, it was gone. So the little red SRT8 wagon was for sale for one day & I missed out.

So instead of buying a different car I'm gonna try & change mine up.

But...the purchase of an SRT is still in the back of my mind......

If my wife gives me any shit, I'll just harass her cause she has one.   ;)

I've been told I should lower it more than once.  Besides avoiding the rubber band look, one of the reasons for the rubber I went with was to fill the wheel wells up as much as possible.

I can't due to our driveway. Maybe you can see the crown of it on the right in the photos? With my 'cuda I had to literally drive through our front yard in order to navigate the driveway. Low cars will come to a stop.

But the city said it was under guidelines so there's nothing they could do.  I asked if I could cut a foot out of the crown & level.  Only problem was part of it is the sidewalk.  He told me I'd have to get it engineered, yada, yada.
So I figured I'd do it anyways.  It's been 3 years since we've talked, I'm forgetful.  Besides, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  Men who have been married longer than say 15 years know that.   :icon_smile_big:

I'm not ignoring you bronzey.  Waited for it to quit raining, now I need to remember.

XS29LA47V21

Mine was a lemon! It went through 3 front ends under warranty but when I was within 2000 kms of it running out I traded it in. I got tired of it being at the dealer after a while. There was an 2006 SRT8 parked beside my work for sale but I just couldn't pull the trigger but if one comes along it may end up in the garage only if its silver ;)
[/quote]

:cheers:  I have put 80k on my 05RT so far, not babied, hammered everyday (ok less when wife/kids in), now I have had one front end work too.  I have flirted with buying a used 08-SRT (five yr old car) over a new challenger, not over the money
, I am saying I like the man magwag that much for daily driver kid life wagon (no SUV/mini van for me).  I like the blue 08SRT or silver too, as I recall they only made some 230 or so 08SRTs, not that common and they do not have the goofy front headlights more like a chargers headlight sorta (as I am sure you know).

Ohh yeah, I did take it to the dealer two times also ....but for a broken traction control button, during with I had to fess up to the dealer tech that I was in my pasture doing doughnuts several times  :icon_smile_big: and the computer was just shutting me down. :RantExplode:  I learned back then that the traction off was not anywhere near really being off..... :-\

472 R/T SE

They only made 29 of the steel blue Magwag's in '08.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 03, 2012, 05:11:59 PM
They only made 29 of the steel blue Magwag's in '08.

For some reason I was thinking it was actually 19, regardless, not many.  Kinda crappy color at least in photos never seen that color in person, wish it was like 69-B7, but I like the rarity, not that they will ever be worth anything but I like that.  There was one in Atlanta/ebay off and on this past yr, priced ... well to high for me as a used car, but came close to stepping up....  

472 R/T SE

Nacho-RT74

I LOVE MAGNUM WAGONS! They weren't sold down here, but dream someday with one of those. Have seen personally just one driving around... it was a black R/T
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargerboy69

Quote from: BBKNARF on April 30, 2012, 08:47:17 AM
Don't know why they stopped making them  :shruggy:

Because no one bought them.  ;)  I see them running across the block for $6-$7 grand weekly, they do not hold their value, like most Chrysler cars. Cheep, cool transportation.

Sweet looking Magnum, the wheels look great.  :2thumbs:  Nice choice.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69bronzeT5

Awesome!!! I love it  :cheers: Those sizes look right at home!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

472 R/T SE

I don't know about not holding their value?  :shruggy:

Believe it or not mine's worth about a grand more than what I paid in June '09.  I redid the #'s over & over & the same value kept coming up.  When adding the 20"+ wheels it's even more.  This was recent but about a year ago I did it & it still hadn't depreciated.  So far this has been the best residual valued rig we've owned.  Not counting the purple Charger.  I imagine some states would lock you up for what I paid for it.   ;)

Before I bought these wheels/tires I was looking at buying an MSRT for a couple months.  I couldn't find one for less than $21k-26k with 50k or less miles.

mpdlawdog

here is a pic of the police magnum....also my buddys charger.....he actually won best K9 cruiser in a police mag...
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-