News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Beware of Richard Brann screen name richardricco

Started by charger_fan_4ever, April 29, 2012, 11:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Week later and guess what contact stopped again.

Tilar

Contact the attorney general in the state where you sent the money explaining the fraud that was committed along with copies of any supporting documents. Then get a message to him that the attorney general has been notified of the situation and that they will probably be in contact with him soon...(even though they may not)  I've had to do that a few times and it always surprises me how fast they can come up with either the parts or a refund of your money.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Tilar on May 20, 2012, 06:57:48 AM
Contact the attorney general in the state where you sent the money explaining the fraud that was committed along with copies of any supporting documents. Then get a message to him that the attorney general has been notified of the situation and that they will probably be in contact with him soon...(even though they may not)  I've had to do that a few times and it always surprises me how fast they can come up with either the parts or a refund of your money.

I had contacted the local police department in his town and advised him of that. After two weeks of no contact he was quick to respond and was going to send them out that week. Now gone back into hiding. This week i will let the Sherrifs department know he didn't follow through and will get in touch with the attorney generals office.

hatersaurusrex

Perhaps we should start a thread with recommendations for people who have done good business above board and done a good job, and make that sticky?

I recently bought a pair of '68 buckets from a member here named moparsal (he has a for-sale thread called 'two chargers on long island') and even though I knew I was taking a bit of a risk not knowing the guy (especially since the price for the condition was really good), he sent them quickly, in the the as-advertised condition.  Also, when he pulled them from storage one wasn't up to snuff, so instead of just sending me foam he sent me a whole separate seat from another car to make sure everything was as advertised.

So for what its worth, I had a good experience with this guy and would do business with him again.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on May 20, 2012, 04:50:33 PM
Perhaps we should start a thread with recommendations for people who have done good business above board and done a good job, and make that sticky?

I recently bought a pair of '68 buckets from a member here named moparsal (he has a for-sale thread called 'two chargers on long island') and even though I knew I was taking a bit of a risk not knowing the guy (especially since the price for the condition was really good), he sent them quickly, in the the as-advertised condition.  Also, when he pulled them from storage one wasn't up to snuff, so instead of just sending me foam he sent me a whole separate seat from another car to make sure everything was as advertised.

So for what its worth, I had a good experience with this guy and would do business with him again.

I made a post in the site suggestions section about having a seller/buyer reputation board or Itrader ratings for deals done on the board. Didn't go far.

Tilar

I've dealt with Sal a time or two and he's a pleasure to work with. He's right up front with everything.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

charger_fan_4ever

Attorney General has been contacted and I also let the sheriffs department know the friday shipping date over a week ago was missed and he has gone  back into hiding.

Forwarded on one of the responses from the Attorney generals office and magically 2 emails back the same day saying now they are going out today and another email saying that i was good and creating fake emails. Was a pleasure to tell him it was not fabricated and provided him with the Att General's phone # and told him to go ahead and call I'm sure they would love to hear from him.

I'm not holding my breath this is atleast the 5th time that they were being shipped out and i was getting tracking info. ::)

EDIT: I don't believe it I received a tracking number that seems to jive.

70 Battle Horse

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

charger_fan_4ever

The box showed up yesterday. Parts were pretty much as described.

For any future buyers read the whole thread. I had to jump through hoops and believe I would not have gotten the parts hadn't I contacted the Attorney general.

mpdlawdog

Quote from: Tilar on May 20, 2012, 05:43:09 PM

I just read this.....so is moparsal the same guy...I bought a few things off of sal....he was awsome....called him several times...called me back...even knocked $30 off the price because there was alittle damage he didnt notice... :Twocents:

I've dealt with Sal a time or two and he's a pleasure to work with. He's right up front with everything.  :2thumbs:
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

bill440rt

Good for you!  :cheers:

Brann never kept his word with me.  :flame:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

mpdlawdog

I just read this. again....so is moparsal the same guy?

bill440rt

Quote from: mpdlawdog on June 01, 2012, 01:42:00 PM

NO. Two different people.
Sal = Good
Brann = Not Good
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

skip68

Sal seems to be be a great guy to buy from.  I've never heard anything bad about him, only good comments.   I'd say he's at the top of the good guy list to do business with.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Tilar

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 01, 2012, 11:34:27 AM

For any future buyers read the whole thread. I had to jump through hoops and believe I would not have gotten the parts hadn't I contacted the Attorney general.

Great! Glad to hear you got your parts.

Quote from: skip68 on June 01, 2012, 02:24:28 PM
Sal seems to be be a great guy to buy from.  I've never heard anything bad about him, only good comments.   I'd say he's at the top of the good guy list to do business with.  

:yesnod:
Dave  

mpdlawdog

Quote from: bill440rt on June 01, 2012, 01:47:01 PM
Quote from: mpdlawdog on June 01, 2012, 01:42:00 PM

NO. Two different people.
Sal = Good
Brann = Not Good

wow I must have eaten too many donuts today....

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: bill440rt on June 01, 2012, 01:10:43 PM
Good for you!  :cheers:

Brann never kept his word with me.  :flame:

It took me forwarding the email from the attorney general to Brann to get him to finally do something after 2 months of excuses.

Tilar

I had one very similar to this. I don't remember the guys name but I could probably go back and find it in my email. It wasn't a very expensive part, less than $10 but the guy never sent it. After about a month I sent maybe 6 emails to him asking about the parts within a 2 week timeframe and he never replied to a single one of them. Then I turned right around and sent him one telling him that I had contacted the attorney general in his state, I think it was new jersey, and he immediatley replied "You would contact the attorney general over an $8 part?" I sent back "Already did and I suggest you get the parts shipped ASAP". I got them in a few days.

That small amount of money isn't going to make or break me but damn I hate a theif.
Dave  

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 01, 2012, 11:34:27 AM

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

charger_fan_4ever