News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OLD threads

Started by TK73, June 01, 2012, 12:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

OK, who the h#!! is going back to 4-6 year old threads and reanimating 'em? 

Zombie thread apocalypse...  :eek2:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Fred

I don't know................who?   :shruggy:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

hatersaurusrex

As a a n00b, I've reanimated several.. what of it?   :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :2thumbs:
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Lennard

I sometimes bring up an old topic after I did a search for something that I have a question about and don't want to start a new topic about it to ask a question because then I will get the advise to use the SEARCH feature. :pity:

AKcharger

I'm actually one of the prime cuplrits. Why? well as Cyrus from the 1979 movie The Warriors said "Cause I like doin' stuff like that"

Tilar

Quote from: TK73 on June 01, 2012, 12:32:57 AM
OK, who the h#!! is going back to 4-6 year old threads and reanimating 'em?  

Zombie thread apocalypse...  :eek2:

What does it really hurt?

Quote from: AKcharger on June 01, 2012, 12:03:11 PM
I'm actually one of the prime cuplrits. Why? well as Cyrus from the 1979 movie The Warriors said "Cause I like doin' stuff like that"

Good movie. I remember watching that when it came out.

No trees were harmed during the sending of this message, however, a large number of electrons were severely inconvienienced... Even the ones that have been resting in these 4-6 year old posts.   :smilielol:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ponch ®

I dont know, sometimes I get a kick out of reading vintage threads and looking at "the way we were".

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Fred

I've got to admit I do it too. Sometimes I happen upon a thread I haven't seen or read before and want to add my  :Twocents: worth.   :nana:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

stripedelete

Warriors,,,,,,,come out and plaaaayyy.

PocketThunder

Quote from: stripedelete on June 01, 2012, 10:02:56 PM
Warriors,,,,,,,come out and plaaaayyy.

Watched that movie for a school project back in HS.  Growing up in rural Wisconsin i couldnt believe people lived that way,.  I knew it was a 55 Caddy though...  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

71charger_fan

When I have a question, I'd rather add to an old thread than start a new one which would just have the same people post the same information over and over again. Personally, I'd rather see someone actually search on spindle and bring back an old thread than start yet another thread asking if those late-B/Volare/Diplomat spindles will fit whatever.

TK73

Quote from: Tilar on June 01, 2012, 05:41:54 PM

Nothing really, just confused me when  was trying to look through threads and saw members responses who haven't been around in years...  We all know I'm easily confuddled...  :silly:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

It is kind of interesting. I like to see posts I made four years ago and see how my perspective has changed. Sometimes I sound smarter than I do now. :rotz:

Other times I repost in old threads when something new comes out that we've been looking for, or when I finally get an answer to a question that's still looming. In that case I think it's better than starting a new thread.

Old Moparz

Quote from: bull on June 02, 2012, 02:19:33 PM
It is kind of interesting. I like to see posts I made four years ago and see how my perspective has changed. Sometimes I sound smarter than I do now. :rotz:

Other times I repost in old threads when something new comes out that we've been looking for, or when I finally get an answer to a question that's still looming. In that case I think it's better than starting a new thread.

Yeah, I remember when you used to back Ralph Nader for president & try to get people in the chat room to simultaneously type Kumbaya all day.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: TK73 on June 02, 2012, 01:25:01 PM
Quote from: Tilar on June 01, 2012, 05:41:54 PM

Nothing really, just confused me when  was trying to look through threads and saw members responses who haven't been around in years...  We all know I'm easily confuddled...  :silly:

Yeah we do, but we keep thinking maybe we can get you straightened out.  ;)  :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Lennard on June 01, 2012, 05:14:00 AM
I sometimes bring up an old topic after I did a search for something that I have a question about and don't want to start a new topic about it to ask a question because then I will get the advise to use the SEARCH feature. :pity:

Yeah, no shit.  Absolutely no way to make everyone happy, someone's always ready to bitch about something.

A lot of you newbies see TK's car & casual posting & think he might be just a regular Joe. You missed out on the battles he had with ChargerBill.  Ol' Chris/Kris/Cris is pretty damn sharp & back then his looks were deceiving as well. 
     Too bad we can't dig up any of those old threads.

nvrbdn

i have to toss one in here also. i joined in 2010. sometimes someone will bring an old thread up from 2009 that happens to be something i really enjoy. it may be an old thread, but it will still hold good info. i like them coming back to life. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House