News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Chris 70 R/T charger slowly at work restoring her

Started by charger chris, April 28, 2012, 10:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what do you think

u like
7 (63.6%)
not like
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 12, 2012, 10:02:04 PM

Memphis Mopar

YO! I also know your pain. I had to put my build on the back burner for over a year cause I went thru a divorce. I had a topic here on marriage and mopars and I was excited to get married and build my 70 charger. Long story short she became a pill head...I gave her the choice of rehab or divorce.. she told me that she was not going to go to rehab I then chose divorce..In the end all things worked out for the better. I have a new woman in my life that not only supports my resto build she encourages me to get it done.  :yesnod:

larmstrong11

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger chris

well i get to keep my cars thank god. now i got to get my self in a good place to start on working on them again. :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

AKcharger

I applaud your spirit of adventure Sir, but that thing is going to be a money pit and 1/2. It's not only the big stuff, it's also the bits a pieces you don't yet realize your missing.

Some advice; save your $$ and buy a complete car that you can drive right away as opposed that working on a parts car for years, dumping tons of $$$ in it and never driving it. It may seem cheaper to piece it together, but even if you do all the welding, body, windows, interior work yourself, you're looking at a MINIMUM $25-30K to finish that car..think what you could by now for that?

I apologize if this sounds negitive. just some feedback from a guy whose been there...2x!

P.S. Is that the same car from your avatar? I think that was in "cars in barns"

Ghoste

There is a lot of project there but if the restoration part is what you like, then damn the torpedoes.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 26, 2012, 11:26:40 AM
There is a lot of project there but if the restoration part is what you like, then damn the torpedoes.
I agree.  Don't let anyone sink your ship.  It's like the experimental aircraft industry.  Some people like ones already built, others like to build. Either way, have fun. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

there is no doubt that taking on a project of that magnitude will be a major task. and years to complete. i also know cuz my quick fix rebuild ended up at 14 years. but, i had the time and did all the work bought cars with pieces i needed and sold the rest off to recoup my money. it can happen if you dont mind investing the time and waiting the years to drive it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger chris

I know it will take me time but hell i can build my rt the way i want to. I am not concerned about the money i know it will take money to put her back together but u know what i am safe her from being chopped up. if it take me years to finish no biggie i have time :cheers: . yes that is the car from cars in barns. it came out of Texas.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Fred

Just enjoy the trip and in the end you'll be able to enjoy the ride.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

well its been a little while sence i posted but i been getting parts and i hope i get started on it next year. that and i had a son. :cheers:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Dino

Quote from: charger chris on November 28, 2014, 08:30:35 PM
well its been a little while sence i posted but i been getting parts and i hope i get started on it next year. that and i had a son. :cheers:

Congratulations!   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

nvrbdn

great to hear things are still on track. congrats on the baby. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger chris

well i have got some more parts for my charger and going get some more here soon and the sheet metal will be order really soon. Maybe it will start looking more like it should.  :2thumbs: :popcrn:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

crj1968

Congrats on the kid. Build the car for him.......that should motivate!

:2thumbs:
:cheers:

charger chris

I bought some more parts yesterday. getting closer to starting on it :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

nvrbdn

what parts? :shruggy: I need pictures. :think:

I love to see parts. :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Congrats on the boy.  Hopefully you'll have it ready for him by the time he gets his learner's permit.   ;)

charger chris

thank you every one on the congrats on my boy he is gowing fast. ya i hope he learns to respected car and the power.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone