News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not familiar with older Chargers, need help

Started by 73greenSE, April 14, 2012, 02:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73greenSE

Hi everyone.. Nice to find a forum devoted to the old Chargers..

I always had old Fords growing up..Torinos, Galaxies etc.. so I'm not very familiar with Dodges.
I was hoping for some help deciding what this 73 Charger is worth (if anything) and the best way to
offer it for sale. (A friend of mine took it in trade and he's not really a car guy)

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd149/turbokev_photos/73ChargerSE/?albumview=slideshow

The 318 4bbl. starts right up and runs on its own.. drives down the road, shifts fine, stops fine, sounds good with the duals..
Underside is not rotted.. some rust as you can see in the pictures, but it's certainly save-able as a driver.

I found a VIN decoder and see its a 73 'premium' car with a 318.. Seems to be pretty well loaded based on pictures
of other 73's I found on google images.. Its got the buckets and floor shifter, the tach/gauge package, rear speaker,
AC, different steering wheel, rally wheels etc..  says 'Brougham' on the door panels. Most of the interior is actually pretty nice.
Obviously the seats need attention but they are in OK shape other than the split vinyl.

Do you think I should list the car just as you see it for a dollar with no reserve on ebay and see what it brings? or should it be parted to do better?
Should I spend a weekend getting the whole thing in primer so it looks a little better?

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this car..

Much appreciated~

no318

I would leave it together to sell it as a project (assuming clear title). 

I would NOT put it into primer.  More work for you.  More possibility of surprises for the buyer.  Primer make me skeptical.  That car is pretty solid as it is.  Don't cover it up to make people wonder.

ACUDANUT

73greenSE

Well, I put it up on ebay with a $1500 reserve..

Auction ends Saturday evening if anyone here is interested in checking it out~

Take care,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290698475668

73greenSE

No kidding? I've got friends on Colonial Drive and Batchelder :)
(and I eat weekly at Gordos!)  :cheers:

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: 73greenSE on April 19, 2012, 08:37:45 PM
No kidding? I've got friends on Colonial Drive and Batchelder :)
(and I eat weekly at Gordos!)  :cheers:

We "Occupy Gordos" once in a while too. We're up off the opposite end of Main.

nvrbdn

well, it went over 2k. :2thumbs: with plenty of time left.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Hopefully the high bidder actually pays up  :2thumbs:

73greenSE

Well.. the car originally sold for $2077 but the winning bidder in NY refused to answer mails..
(He had even bid twice against himself to make sure he won it)

Ebay refunded my fees so I relisted it with a buy it now price of $2200 and it sold within a few hours to a man in California..
He's already made the initial deposit, sent check for the rest of payment and contacted me about shipping..

I'm used to importing cars from the west coast for the rust free aspect.. not shipping New England cars there~

Thanks again for the responses~

kev

41husk

Congratulations! I never had much luck selling a car with E bay :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up