News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger price differences between years

Started by Dino, April 26, 2012, 11:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Quotehttp://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87836.msg991432.html#msg991432   69 REALLY

Non-working link.  

If it's a link to a poll where a different model-year won, I would say that poll isn't representative.  The '68s are close but the 69 wins it. 

I'm not saying you have to agree with the crowd, I'm just saying this is what the crowd thinks on average IMHO.

Brock Lee

If someone posted the same poll at the same time for the model year Charger they currently owned, the results would be almost the same.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1974dodgecharger

The new 'charger' is still badass looking car no matter if its 4 door, minivan, or two door. If given the choice to spend 40k though I take the 2nd gen or split the two 20k to 2nd gen and 20k to a new charger would be great.

1974dodgecharger

yeah im a clown  :yesnod: :icon_smile_cool:

Quote from: Cooter on April 27, 2012, 06:37:18 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 27, 2012, 12:20:52 AM
Quote from: Cooter on April 26, 2012, 12:05:46 PM
"Wannabee" musclecar owner.

Now this is interesting if you could define wannabee muscle car owner?

I ask this becuase I saw some guys almost duke it over saying one guy was a wannabe muscle car owner exactly what you said. Mind you both guys were in their 50s one guy claimed he only loved muscle cars becuase they are valued now and are desirable. Mind you both grew up during the 'charger' years 1st to 3rd never saw folks argue at a 'meeting' of classic cars before it was my first.

Almost answered your own question with your reply actually...You all know the types. The ones who come to the car shows and walk right up to you, ask all kinds of questions about how much your car is worth. Ask about how much he/she could get one for. How much he/she can make selling it. Doesn't care about the car, doing ANY of the work him/herself, just after the money. VERY close to, but not to be confused with flippers. These types cared NOTHING for musclecars until they became a commodity. Basically, "Parts swappers", or a term I heard the other day coined by one of my car buddies...."Blister pack hot rodders".

There were "True" musclecar guys that were Mopar when it wasn't cool. I can remember getting laughed off the local cruise spot driving in the words of some local Chevy freaks, "Get that "Goat" out of here!! You no a damned ole Mopar don't run!"...I can't see anybody hanging onto or even being a musclecar owner having to hear that sh*t every time they cruise their pride and joy out today. However, today, this doesn't happen because all ofa sudden those same ones are saying things like "Damn, maybe ole Coot was onto something..You see what one dem damned ole "Goats" brought last night at BJ!?!?"...All of a sudden, Mopar is "Cool"?? "Wannabees" are all about the Benjamins.