News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where can I buy a 1970 Charger front bumper?

Started by Tobias_Ljungblad, April 26, 2012, 10:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobias_Ljungblad

Do you guys know where I can find a 1970 charger front bumper?
Thanks

Greetings from Sweden

Dino

Welcome Tobias!   :wave:

They can be found in the US easy enough although most will need some work but man shipping is going to be brutal, these things are heavy.  If you have one that needs work itmay be more economical to fix it.

Sweden has quite an impressive collection of classic US cars, no luck finding one local?

You can check Craigslist.org to see what's available in the US.  If you're lucky you will find one where the seller doesn't mind getting you a shipping quote to Sweden.

Good luck!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

i actually have one. but i agree, shipping will be a killer. im here in the U.S. smack dab in the middle. mine needs rechromed. but shipping, wow. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger_fan_4ever

If your going to buy one buy a rechromed bumper. In canada its right at $ 1000 to rechrome a 70 front bumper.

Tobias_Ljungblad

Yeah, I know, import something from US to Sweden is very expensive. We have to pay taxes and other fees that makes it almost to expensive. But I have a friend who lives in US, so if I just could fint a new/rechromed bumper, it should first get shipped to him, then he ship it to me as a "gift", then I don't need to pay the taxes and fees :)
But the front bumper for the -70 charger seems to be really hard to find. I could send my bumper for a rechrome but it's to messed up and got to much dings :(
and I haven't seen any NOS bumpers at all. Well, it seems like I have to keep looking :)

Thanks guys!

Dino

Quote from: Tobias_Ljungblad on April 26, 2012, 02:17:09 PM
Yeah, I know, import something from US to Sweden is very expensive. We have to pay taxes and other fees that makes it almost to expensive. But I have a friend who lives in US, so if I just could fint a new/rechromed bumper, it should first get shipped to him, then he ship it to me as a "gift", then I don't need to pay the taxes and fees :)
But the front bumper for the -70 charger seems to be really hard to find. I could send my bumper for a rechrome but it's to messed up and got to much dings :(
and I haven't seen any NOS bumpers at all. Well, it seems like I have to keep looking :)

Thanks guys!

If you can find a metal worker you can get the bumper straigthened and rechromed and honestly it may be cheaper than the whole shipping thing.

I used to do the 'gift' thing all the time to Belgium but sometimes it wouldn't fly and the customs agency would hold it for a very long time, sometimes only released after the received paid up.

As an alternative, if your bumper is really messed up and there's no hope of redoing it, why not get it as straight as you can and finish with some filler?  That way you can paint it body color.  I actually love that look more than the original chrome bumpers on a '70.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.