News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roof and roof skin

Started by AmadeusCharger500, April 22, 2012, 09:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Are there 2 separate layers to the roof? I pulled out the headliner and found old bondo dripping in several areas. I know I gotta find out why.

b5blue

There is an inner frame sort of like the hood only more open.  :scratchchin:

Indygenerallee

Roof rot!! You have to drill the spot welds out along the pinch welds and the gutters, quarter lead seam and a-pillar seam and roof skin will seperate from the inner structure.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

AmadeusCharger500

Roof rot meaning the roof is shot without any fix other than replace? No point sanding the thing down to find out if its fixable?

b5blue

Grind that roof and take a look, my roof had 1 small hole the rest was surface rust. Pic?  :scratchchin:

elitecustombody

Well, if you have the headliner out, there are only few reinforcement bars going across,so you should be able to tell if the roof skin is worth saving,but from the sounds of it you may need new skin if some hack punched holes to pull dents or fill rust holes with mud.I wouldn't even waste time sanding or grinding.

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

Dino

As blue stated, get us some pics so we can see what's going on.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.