News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coil?

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, April 28, 2012, 09:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I have read a few posts regarding which coil to use on my 68. I want to mount the new coil in the stock location. Should I use the MSD Master Blaster 2 or the MSD High Vibration Coil? Has anyone had the Master Blaster 2 leak oil? Is the High Vibration Coil the same as the Master Blaster 2 but with just a better oil seal?

Thanks!

y3chargerrt

My Blaster 2 is probably 9 years old and working perfectly.

Sixt8Chrgr

I went ahead and bought the High Vibration Coil. Have no idea what the difference is between this coil and the MB 2? Car runs fine...that is the good news.

404NOTFOUND

I was told that the high vibe coil was a waste unless you were running some type of all out race car especially off road. I use the Blaster 2 with the MSD box. Stunning power. All you could want and more.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

firefighter3931

The high vibration coil is a good option if you want to mount it in the factory location. That coil is epoxy filled as opposed to oil filled so there's no fluid to leak out which can happen. MSD doeasn't recommend horizontal mounting of their oil filled coils. You made a good choice  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

I agree , I have seen the regular Blaster coils leak oil if not mounted vertically so using the Vibration coil is the best choice for stock / horizontal mount

Sixt8Chrgr

Ron and Chryco thanks for the comments on the coil. I was hoping this would be a good choice since I wanted to mount in the stock location.

Chryco you had posted a comment about this coil some time ago and I had used your suggestion in purchasing this coil.

Thanks,

Lawrence