News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash switches interchangeable?

Started by Dino, April 25, 2012, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I finished rebuilding my dash cluster and knew there was a crack in the chrome of the flasher switch.  It was abrely noticable but of course when I put the cluster away the chrome peeled off and left a 1/8" gap showing the plastic underneath.   :rotz:

After all the work I put in there's no way I'm leaving it as is so I need another switch.  Someone on my local CL is selling a headlight switch for $20.  Can it be removed from the baseand put on the flasher base or do I need a flasher specific switch?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

I think "R/T Specialty's" sells repops, you may be able to tell from their photos and listings... :scratchchin:
(20 for a headlight sw. is good $$.) 68 and 69 have the arm for vacuum sw. 70 does not.

Dino

Thanks blue, looks like this may work.  The guy selling the headlight switch also emailed me this morning saying he found an original used flasher switch, if it's in good shape I'll just get that but I may take the other as well as a spare. 

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.