News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need someone's opinion on whether this project market is legit. US to AUS import

Started by NTcharger, April 25, 2012, 08:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTcharger

http://www.daves-classic-cars.com/1960s.htm looking to buy a project from this business, but need some help from anyone from US to tell me if it is legit. Also, could anyone be kind enough to point me towards the direction of a site I can buy some project chargers? Thank you

41husk

I have been to Daves every car on his lot is more than just a project.  I drive by several times a year it is just off I-55 in central IL.  Some of the same cars have been in the same spot for at least 5 years.  I would say the best place for projects would be site like this and Craigs list.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

RECHRGD

Quote from: 41husk on April 25, 2012, 08:43:22 AM
I have been to Daves every car on his lot is more than just a project.  I drive by several times a year it is just off I-55 in central IL.  Some of the same cars have been in the same spot for at least 5 years.  I would say the best place for projects would be site like this and Craigs list.

Judging by the prices he wants for those rust buckets, they'll be there a lot longer than five more years........
13.53 @ 105.32

Dino

In my opinion you want to stay away from ebay and shops, use Craigslist and local ads to find your car.

Are you buying a project because you want to restore on or is it for financial reasons?  If the latter you may want to consider saving up for something better than a project.  Ask anyone here what the total bill was after finishing a project and you'll see why.

The more finished the car, the less you end up spending.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

At least buy a car that is complete. If not you'll get raped buying parts here and on shipping.

Ghoste

Agreed.  If you are planning to do a project car in another country half a world away then plan for it as though it were 3 times the cost you would expect a project to cost in North America.  And projects in North America nearly always cost double or triple what the original estimates planned for. :icon_smile_wink:

Vainglory, Esq.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on April 25, 2012, 11:20:43 AM
In my opinion you want to stay away from ebay and shops, use Craigslist and local ads to find your car.

Are you buying a project because you want to restore on or is it for financial reasons?  If the latter you may want to consider saving up for something better than a project.  Ask anyone here what the total bill was after finishing a project and you'll see why.

The more finished the car, the less you end up spending.

what dino said, ebay folks try now quick sellers they buy cheap as hell OFF CRAIGSLIST and then try to pawn it at double the price on ebay.