News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is VH done for?

Started by bull, January 29, 2006, 01:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I was just on the Van Halen website and the last update was like Feb. of '05. They have pictures of Sammy Hagar so I assume he's the front man again. Has anyone heard any news on them? http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/index2.html

BTW, while I'm at it, what's the deal with Queen? I saw they were coming to town for a concert but I didn't even know they were still a band since Freddy Mercury died. Who's their lead singer?

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on January 29, 2006, 01:21:26 PM
I was just on the Van Halen website and the last update was like Feb. of '05. They have pictures of Sammy Hagar so I assume he's the front man again. Has anyone heard any news on them? http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/index2.html

BTW, while I'm at it, what's the deal with Queen? I saw they were coming to town for a concert but I didn't even know they were still a band since Freddy Mercury died. Who's their lead singer?

Micheal Anthony told one of the local radio guys here when they met at SEMA, that pretty much yes, there pretty much done because Eddy is off doing his own thing right now, and Alex is busy with his food products he is involved with. But I guess he also said the inevedable will happen as far as a re-union in the future, probably with David Lee Roth.

As far as Queen, Paul Rogers is the current front man and voice. Which I have heard some live cuts from their current tour on the radio station I listen to.....  :puke: :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JimShine

Eddie is still a lush, and that is what is probably screwing everything up. Note the bottle of wine right next to him. He drinks straight from the bottle.

At NAMM 2003 everyone thought a bum drifted in until he went up on stage

His wine made an appearance too

DLR is always starting some sort of gossip, and recently started again when he mentioned on his new radio show a reunion was inevitable, just figuring out when is the next step.

TruckDriver

WOW!  :o Eddie looks like he is in his 60s! Looks horrible  :rotz:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Wow, age & alcohol hasn't been too friendly to Eddy. He looks like the guy I saw dumpster diving for food recently.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Lowprofile

After dealing with the divorce & cancer, I'm willing to give the guy a little slack. Things are up in the air for the band right now. As of right now, Sammy is still the lead guy. DLR is doing radio now.......took over the time slot for Howard Stern in NYC.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

NHCharger

Besides tongue cancer didn't Eddie need hip replacement surgery?
Kinda funny, the reason DLR didn't return to the band was Eddie's statement "I'm sober, he's not" ::)
I heard Roger Daltrey former singer for The Who was front man for Queen. Time for a google search.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Quote from: NHCharger on January 29, 2006, 06:29:52 PM
Besides tongue cancer didn't Eddie need hip replacement surgery?
Kinda funny, the reason DLR didn't return to the band was Eddie's statement "I'm sober, he's not" ::)
I heard Roger Daltrey former singer for The Who was front man for Queen. Time for a google search.

Yes, he had his hip replaced too. Roger Daltrey was consitered to be the lead singer, but Paul Rodgers is the guy they picked. http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com/

PETE

hemihead

Yep, Paul Rodgers. My son is a big Queen Fan.I myself , prefer Bad Company.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

TruckDriver

Quote from: hemihead on January 29, 2006, 07:00:33 PM
Yep, Paul Rodgers. My son is a big Queen Fan.I myself , prefer Bad Company.

I'm not a big fan of either. although they both did songs I like.
PETE

JimShine

I would cut him slack on the cancer, but the dude still smokes like a chimney. Yeah, I know its tough to quit, but losing parts of your body should be encouragement enough. The divorce I am sure is a tough thing, but he and his wife had long been seperated.The divorce was a formality at this point. I can feel bad for guys who have rough times and hit the bottle. This guy has just never stopped his self destruction.

nh_mopar_fan

Speaking of Daltrey, The WHO will be back out on the road this summer.

I saw them 4 years ago on the last tour, 4 days after Entwhistle OD'd and I was amazed at how good they were.

I really thought that Queen would tour with George Michael. I can't stand him but he really sounded GREAT when he played with the rest of the band at Freddie Mercury tribute concert. Did a nice version of "Somebody to Love".

But, this is a joke calling this Queen. It's bad enough that Mercury is dead and gone but John Deacon has passed on it as well.

bull

I don't think Eddy's drinking is a result of his divorce as much as the divorce is a result of his drinkiing. He's definitely an addict, and an obsessive one at that.

As far as his age, he probably really is pushing 60. I'm pretty sure Sammy Hagar was at least 50 when OU812 was released.

TruckDriver

Noooo, Sammy is only 51 now. It was just his b'day not to long ago.
PETE

bull

Eddie Van Halen DOB - Jan 26, 1955  51 yrs old
Sammy Hagar - Oct 13, 1947  58 yrs old

http://www.famousbirthdays.com/

TruckDriver

ok, i had it backwards then  :P I knew one of then was 51
PETE

bull

Compared to Eddy I'd say Sammy has aged pretty well.

WM23N1

Where has the time gone?  Brian Johnson of AC/DC is pushing 60 also.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on January 29, 2006, 11:12:37 PM
Compared to Eddy I'd say Sammy has aged pretty well.
:iagree:

If I look half as good at 58, I'll be happy.
PETE

BrianShaughnessy

VH:     Give it up... nobody cares anymore - well... at least I don't and that's all that really matters  :icon_smile_big:   
Eddie:   Looks bad...   Maybe Valerie used to give him a sponge bath occassionally to make him look presentable.   Looks like he just passes out in his own puke now.     
DLR:    Used to be the man - and then they recorded Jump   ::)
Sammy:  Shoulda stayed solo.   Or stayed with Montrose.

Queen:   Legendary with Mercury.   Brian May is a heluva guitar player...  I probably give them more credit now than I did back then...   we really didn't cut any suspected gay acts any slack back in the day.    I did think G. Michael sounded good with them during that Freddy benefit also.
Paul Rogers?  WTF?  Totally wrong for Queen.  I'm not a big Bad Co. fan.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

nh_mopar_fan

DLR sucked long before Jump.

Fair Warning sucked and Diver Down wasn't much better.

Mike DC

Eddie Van Halen?  See the movie Kingpin . . . "Uh, well, I've been doing at lot of drinking."

David Lee Roth?  See Napoleon Dynamite.  Roth is "Living too much back in '82."

Sammy Hagar?  See The Big Lebowski.  Imagine how the Dude would be living if he'd ever actually gotten the million bucks at the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think rock stars, by their very definition, cannot age well.  They are successful as the embodiement of all that is Youth.  The only way they can ever pull of aging well is by broadening (redefining?) themselves as a success at something else (like doing more "artistic & mature" music or something). 

And that that point they're no longer really rock stars in the classical sense.  Now they're mature adults, just working as the world's best tribute band of their own younger selves. 

nh_mopar_fan

Sammy IS getting the money at the end.

I read somewhere that he is making more of Cabo Wabo than he is on music and that it's to the point that he's considering go out and playing free shows this summer.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 30, 2006, 12:02:51 PM

Barely. Looks like he's been done up by a taxidermist in this pic.