News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Federal power steering pump.....update

Started by mpdlawdog, April 24, 2012, 09:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpdlawdog

I have looked high and low and cant find a federal power steering pump or a rebuild kit for my 68....Mine is eating more that Jessica Simpson...power steering fluid that is....I fill it up and the next morning its gone...anyone have any ideas?
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Chryco Psycho

this link will proabably not work for you but Rock Auto lists a rebuild kit for the Chrysler pump
Edelmann 8514 http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=835
Also Omega makes seal kits for every power steering pump I know of .

mpdlawdog

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 24, 2012, 11:40:20 AM
this link will proabably not work for you but Rock Auto lists a rebuild kit for the Chrysler pump
Edelmann 8514 http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=835
Also Omega makes seal kits for every power steering pump I know of .

I tried rockauto before I posted this...they dont have the pump or rebuild kit either....they will send mine in to rebuild it somewhere....I have to send it to them....they tell me rather or not they can rebuild it or not....takes 5 weeks :eek2:

FLG

I can get em...already got one before for G-man in australia.

Rebuilt
Friend of mine at the local parts store found the last one easily and said.theres plenty more. Would you like me to order one and ship it to you. Not looking to make any money if.i remember was around 60-70 or so

mpdlawdog

Quote from: FLG on April 24, 2012, 12:23:58 PM
I can get em...already got one before for G-man in australia.

Rebuilt
Friend of mine at the local parts store found the last one easily and said.theres plenty more. Would you like me to order one and ship it to you. Not looking to make any money if.i remember was around 60-70 or so

For the whole pump?

FLG

Mhmm let me make a call to be sure but i know it wasnt very much. And yes its a federal.

FLG

mpdlawdog

Rolling_Thunder

I have a couple core federal pumps - not 100% sure on functionality but you're welcome to one if you'd like.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

FLG

They sent him a saginaw  :smilielol:

Will have it tomorrow, 75$

mpdlawdog

OK.....first thanks guys for all the help and offers...I was informed that it was a trw pump....after many phone calls, I found a new seal kit from Gates...here is the part number....GATES 351390.....

I took it apart and replaced the seal.....no more leaks :boogie:

Chryco Psycho

FLG