News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ken Block - Gymkhana

Started by bill440rt, April 23, 2012, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69 OUR/TEA

Def impressive !!!!!! :2thumbs:  Bill,did you stumble on that by looking up Poison videos  or Ken Block ? LOL

bill440rt

You're on to me, Paul!   :D :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Budnicks

Interesting, it'st not my style of clothing but cool ralley car commercial, too long but that Ken Block is a Hell of a driver, the rock & roll sound track at the beginning was way better, than the silly Indian sitar music at the ending...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Aero426

As good as he is (and he has talent), he is merely just average in a World Rally car.   Wow.

This clip below is new and pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9VxO3pqHFY&feature=related

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Aero426 on April 24, 2012, 10:26:46 AM
As good as he is (and he has talent), he is merely just average in a World Rally car.   Wow.

++1

I have been watching him on the WRC circuit over the past 2 yrs and he is getting better but is still making mistakes that are taking him out of races. Would like to see him do better though.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

surmanajaja

actually he is way below average...he would not be driving in wrc if he didnt have huge sponsors.

and those videos are edited after 100 takes, doesnt take much talent if you can try again and again.

FLG

Quote from: surmanajaja on April 24, 2012, 01:55:34 PM
actually he is way below average...he would not be driving in wrc if he didnt have huge sponsors.

and those videos are edited after 100 takes, doesnt take much talent if you can try again and again.

Yep, Ken block is mediocre at best, hes got big sponsors cause hes VERY good at one thing....showboating, and thats what those sponsors want.

bill440rt

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't know much about the guy. I just thought it was cool to watch.  :cheers:

Found this to be funny, especially funny at around 2:15.  :smilielol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXGdCyZAdek&feature=related

FLG

Troy

Define "good". Is he in the top 10? Top 25? Top 100? Generally, Single A baseball players are many times better than the Average Joe could ever hope to be and they may not even be in the Top 3,000. Even if he's only ever remembered for these videos he's had more opportunity than most of us.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on April 24, 2012, 02:42:41 PM
Actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't know much about the guy. I just thought it was cool to watch.  :cheers:

Found this to be funny, especially funny at around 2:15.  :smilielol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXGdCyZAdek&feature=related

:rofl:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

:hah: "Ken Block - Gymkhana 4..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by DC Shoes.

Aero426

The guys at the front end of the field are on a whole 'nother level.   But even a mediocre WRC driver still has talent that is other-worldly to the rest of us.    Even if you are a "pay to drive" guy and bring all your own funding, you don't survive at that level if you can't hack it.   

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

surmanajaja

Quote from: Aero426 on April 26, 2012, 01:22:08 PM
The guys at the front end of the field are on a whole 'nother level.   But even a mediocre WRC driver still has talent that is other-worldly to the rest of us.    Even if you are a "pay to drive" guy and bring all your own funding, you don't survive at that level if you can't hack it.   

I am not saying he cant drive at all. but "other wordly", come on...I know literally hundreds of guys from my small country who have no problem driving the same way if you just give them a good car.

Mr Block hasnt even won any of your local championships...

yesterday there was a race in Charlotte, NC: there was 2 Finns there and Marcus won everything there was to win easily, and hes a retired rally driver.. mr block was 5th.

http://www.global-rallycross.com/2012/05/26/gronholm-top-seed-in-charlotte/