News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Stooges Movie - Reviews, Opinions?

Started by 68X426, April 16, 2012, 10:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

Like the title asks - what do you think of it?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Indygenerallee

Yeah is it any good the wife (she is 23 suprised she knows who the Stooges are!!) wants to go see it! I saw the part in the trailer where (Wil Sasso) "Moe" with the I phone bit, Oh Geez I was rollin'.. Looks funny but?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

myk

I dunno man.  I haven't seen it but I get the feeling that some things, like the 3 Stooges and drum brakes for example, belong in the past...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Fred

Quote from: myk on April 17, 2012, 02:59:51 AM
I dunno man.  I haven't seen it but I get the feeling that some things, like the 3 Stooges and drum brakes for example, belong in the past...

You could be right there.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

gtx6970

Friend of mine went a saw it, he said the best parts are the previews and even they are not very good.

DC_1

My 13 year old daughter went to see it with her friends last night. She said it wasn't very funny.

When you can't make 13 year olds laugh there is something wrong because I remember watching the stooges when I was that age and they always made me smile.

superbirdtom

I have the inside scoop on the movie as my actress friend was supposed to be in it.   CHLOE SNYDER   look her up in IMDB.COM  anywys the farreley  brothers were  supposed to get Jim carrey and benecio Del Torro and someone else for the stooges. but it all fell through,so were left with unfunny people.  just google jim carrey drops out of thre stooges movie 

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on April 17, 2012, 09:37:09 AM
I have the inside scoop on the movie as my actress friend was supposed to be in it.   CHLOE SNYDER   look her up in IMDB.COM  anywys the farreley  brothers were  supposed to get Jim carrey and benecio Del Torro and someone else for the stooges. but it all fell through,so were left with unfunny people.  just google jim carrey drops out of thre stooges movie 
is this her tom ,  how do you know her ????   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

superbirdtom

yep thats her.  she grew up here in Ketchikan. and is 6,1   , she came to a body shop party and I told her at age 14 that she needs to be a super model. so she went to New york after high school.and landed quite a few modling jobs..   she lives in ojai california and has been in many movies. her newest one Hall pass on the shelves now.  i talked to her a couple years ago when she was recrutied for the movie and did a reading.   It was heartbrakin to her as to be in a movie with jim carey would have been a big break.  the movie business is rough but she keeps on truckin.   I told her don't give up.

moparstuart

tom and chloe
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nh_mopar_fan

Frankly, I'm glad they dumped the big name cast.

Ebert gave it 2.5 stars and says it's about as good as could be expected.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120411/REVIEWS/120419999

Mike DC

Haven't seen the movie. 

It amazed me how many people watched the preview and said things like, "Well, THAT looks bad."   WTF was everyone expecting?!?  The preview looked exactly like the Three Stooges.

jaak

ah, It wasn't that bad, of course nothing beats the original Stooges. Its clean enough to take your kids to see. I will give the actors credit, they had the voices, mannerisms, etc. down pretty good. But like I said you can't beat the originals...still to this day I think the Three Stooges was the best comedy team EVER!

Jason

superbirdtom

you and most people should go online and study each of their careers   very interesting  chaps   and way beyond  the talent they showed on the show