News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DIRTY WHITE BOY'S 68 BUILD UPDATED 3-22-14

Started by cdr, April 18, 2012, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

no they are not here yet,,& no to seat tracks.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

NHCharger

Charlie- I am also installing aftermarket buckets. The originals are to uncomfortable for long rides with old bones. I bought a like new set off C/L cheap. Figure I can always upgrade later if I don't like. Tried using the the original stock rails, my head hit the headliner, and I'm only 5'6". ended up making a base for the seats to attach to. A lot of   :pullinghair: :pullinghair: and  :rant: while trying to line everything up.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Cooter

So by pushing that area on quarter panel, you kinda got the top edge to drop down?
Did it put more of a pronounced center body line in the quarter after??
That's bout the best fitting quarter extension I've seen Charlie. Excellent job. :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

thanx cooter. & everyone for the kind words  :2thumbs:

cooter it helped get the lines better,just a better fit .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Baldwinvette77

Mmmm sport seats  :drool5:, gotta add that to my christmas list... then find someone to buy me them  :scratchchin:

Indygenerallee

Looks good Charlie! I will have to remember that tip on the quarters and corners when I install mine! Also those seats look good. Im seriously thinking of going that same route.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

cdr

i went with the jegs version of these,,you can adjust angles & height,also the inner stock tracks are shorter,so i should be able to make this work.

cdr

got 1 seat today,waiting on the other,the seat trac adapters worked awesome,they look way better than the scatt ones,VERY HAPPY  :icon_smile_big:

cdr

cdr

Baldwinvette77

love it  :coolgleamA: ... and for what it's worth i like the hood scoop  :drool5:

Cooter

Kinda likin dem new seats Charlie. Looks like they fit well and not too high. Then again, I'm used to seeing Caddy seats hacked in all crooked from the 70's too...That car just has that look. I don't know what it is, but its just sinister.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

JB400

They look pretty good.  How's the hug from the seat?

cdr

fy469rtse

One off my favourite builds Charlie, I love the look of this car scoop and hood , sort of looks familiar, your nick names not day walker is it,
No but seriously great work, love watching you do things to your car, don't worry there's a lot of us out there with no money to spend on our cars, forces us to adapt and learn new skills, feel your frustration , every time I try to do anything on my car lately these something that needs to be spent on and puts that area on hold , especially with Xmas on us,

Cooter

Agreed. Cheaper restos RULE!. Anybody can take a 2nd and 3rd mortgage to perfect their ride and present to the anal retentive gods at the Nats in search of OE Gold, but it takes a lot to build one of these cars where the majority live....cheaper.

War wagon

Love those seats, hood scoop is badass IMHO
Car looks great so far :cheers:
So many talented people on here, keep up the great work :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Doing some NICE work there, CDR. Especially when that work comes at no cost!  :cheers:
And you have a battle scar to prove it. That smashed fingernail looks like it hurt!  :eek2:  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

cdr

Quote from: bill440rt on December 19, 2013, 05:42:08 PM
Doing some NICE work there, CDR. Especially when that work comes at no cost!  :cheers:
And you have a battle scar to prove it. That smashed fingernail looks like it hurt!  :eek2:  :yesnod:

thanx Bill,& yes the fingernail vs pry bar & the pry bar won.  :'(

Stevearino

Quote from: cdr on December 19, 2013, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on December 19, 2013, 05:42:08 PM

thanx Bill,& yes the fingernail vs pry bar & the pry bar won.  :'(
I like to tell them at work that I come in every morning excited to find out what new way I can hurt myself . I am never disappointed. :eek2:

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

fy469rtse

Keep at it Charlie , that car is starting to look something else,I like the seats you got me thinking  about something similar to that or what bill did in he's 69

cdr

Baldwinvette77

Mmmmmm Nice  :drool5:, are you running without a carpet? Good call, much easier to clean up crumbs  :coolgleamA: