News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pickup for a 440

Started by jessejames, April 17, 2012, 05:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejames

I recently purchased a 68 440 out of a 68 Imperial. The pan looks alittle different than the 402 pan that a charger usually came with. This motor is going in a 69 charger. Are the pickups the same?? Can I use the pickup with the 402 pan? Will that pan that came off the motor work on a charger? I know usually you should match the pan and pickup together. Not sure if that is the thing to do on a stock pan. Any commets or help would be greatly apperciated!
Thanks!
Jesse

charger_fan_4ever

Did you clay it up to see how much clearance you have between the pickup and pan ? I'd think as long as you have 1/4-1/2 inch clearance and it physically fits in the B Body you should be good to go.

firefighter3931

Call Mancini and order the correct pickup for a 402 pan or better yet get the 6qt hemi reproduction pan & matching pickup  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs