News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need your opinon on value 68 383 4 speed

Started by sharpspike, January 28, 2006, 05:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharpspike

ive seen the prices's of all the lower production high dollar cars. ( hemis, 500's. daytonas, superbirds, six packs, etc.)

havenet seen a originall 68 383 4 speed  ( 259 production for 68 ) sold or value discussed anywhere.( im not including hlpag )

so my question. what would you place the value at.

driller

I just have no idea, but I think it's one beautiful ride. Friend had one when we were young, seems  I've seen 383 auto's in good shape go for 16000- 30000. But if a person finds the right buyer, who knows.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bluesfool

It would be nice to see some engine bay shots, along with some more interior and underneath. Without seeing what kind of condition all of those are in, and assuming everything is in reasonable (read that as NOT perfect and needing a fair amount of attention) condition, I'd say a fair price to be around 15-17K

sharpspike

these are the best pics i have right now, they were during the restoration. the underside is still rust proofed.

i guess i should have said i already own the car, not looking to buy. just wondering because of the low production of that combination ( 383 4 speed )what that did for the value of the car compared to other 68/69 combinations.

sharpspike

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger Aficionado

That car is a SOLID 25k Car all day. (If you put 800-1200 of labor into it). Trav, you with me?  It possibly would go very close to 30 on eBay if it were closer to "car season"    People seem to want to buy more/pay better in the summer when they can actually drive the cars...   

Does that thing have A/C controls on the dash?   Interesting...  Non-A/C lower dash pads though...

I sold this one for a bunch when I was done putting her together:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2101244

bluesfool

Okay, after seeing the second set of pics, I'd have to increase my amount by about 5k

btw, nice car!

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 28, 2006, 06:47:22 PM
I would offer 10K for that car

??? ???

Closer to $30k for what I'm seeing. Does it need restored? I don't see anything wrong with it other than it's not put back together. Four speed cars add a lot of value.

Drache

Ok I'm reading a lot of posts saying that it would be worth this price put back together or so. From what I understand from reading what sharpspike is that the only pictures he had currently was when it was last restored.

So I'm understand the car has already been restored and it's all together....  ???
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

sharpspike

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 28, 2006, 10:56:09 PM
That car is a SOLID 25k Car all day. (If you put 800-1200 of labor into it). Trav, you with me?  It possibly would go very close to 30 on eBay if it were closer to "car season"    People seem to want to buy more/pay better in the summer when they can actually drive the cars...   

Does that thing have A/C controls on the dash?   Interesting...  Non-A/C lower dash pads though...

I sold this one for a bunch when I was done putting her together:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2101244

thats very nice car CA. no a/c, factory am/fm radio, head rest, locking gas cap.

Quote from: bull on January 28, 2006, 11:38:30 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on January 28, 2006, 06:47:22 PM
I would offer 10K for that car

??? ???

Closer to $30k for what I'm seeing. Does it need restored? I don't see anything wrong with it other than it's not put back together. Four speed cars add a lot of value.

actually it is put back together, i just didnt have any better pics of engine compartment or interior. this pic the car is complete. ( almost )

bull

If the body work and paint are new and good, no rust, no major issues mechanically, it's worth $30k-$40k right now. Three years ago it would have been $25k max.

69charger2002

yeah there's no doubt that car is worth 25k like jude said. finished. 30k would not be out of range whatsoever
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

chargervert

I would have to agree with you guys,that car is already restored,and would be worth between 20-30 thousand. The problem with the in between Chargers like the 383 cars,is if you paid any more than that,then you are getting into the price range of 440 R/Ts,and most people would rather put their money there,to have return on there investment later on!

bull

Quote from: chargervert on January 29, 2006, 06:48:14 AM
I would have to agree with you guys,that car is already restored,and would be worth between 20-30 thousand. The problem with the in between Chargers like the 383 cars,is if you paid any more than that,then you are getting into the price range of 440 R/Ts,and most people would rather put their money there,to have return on there investment later on!

They'll still get a return. The R/Ts will start higher and end higher but I doubt the increase in value for either
will outpace the other.

triple_green

Hi nice car,

I'm sure you know that a 68 383 or 440 car would have had turquoise not orange engine paint. Orange started in 69.

I like the pistol grip shifter too.

I would say $25-30K when finished.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Silver R/T

Id rather look at an R/T for that amount (25-30K)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

sharpspike

Quote from: triple_green on January 29, 2006, 11:47:52 AM
Hi nice car,

I'm sure you know that a 68 383 or 440 car would have had turquoise not orange engine paint. Orange started in 69.

I like the pistol grip shifter too.

I would say $25-30K when finished.

3X

i just couldnt get warm and fuzzy with the turquoise.

Quote from: hemihead on January 29, 2006, 06:54:57 PM
Wrong shifter.

the pistol grip made me warm and fuzzy. i still have the original hurst shifter.

ck1

Quote from: hemihead on January 29, 2006, 06:54:57 PM
Wrong shifter.
and engine color and wheels, but thats besides the point. its a nice car and is don't hurt the value that much if any, can easily be changed......
CJK

John G

Hi. I got a 383 4speed but with a two barrel carb. My engine bay still needs to be painted and I could user floor pans. The rest is pretty much done. It's the original engine and if I had to sell it right now, I wouldn't take less than $20,000. Yours looks a lot better.

Mine is one of 74 but that doesn't really kick up the value. It's the 4 speed and big block that does.

John G

sharpspike