News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration of my dash

Started by Hoser2455, April 14, 2012, 07:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

I have a few leads from companies restoring dashes for my Superbird from literature I collected at past car shows.  Any recommendations from past experiences?  My dash is in OK shape, It definitely will need the new face plates all the way across and could use a good cleaning up.  Everything worked to my knowledge but I see some companies just offering the new labels for your gauges.  I have talked to some people that have put $5,000 into just their dash.   Not really wanting to go that route if I don't have to, but now is the time for me to do it.  Any comments or suggestions.

richRTSE

When I redid the dash in my Charger, I sent the plastic bezels and woodgrain panels to PerformanceCarGraphics in Florida and had them redone. I ordered their decal kit and redid the gauges myself. Really pretty easy to do if you can follow directions and spray paint out of a can without runs.  ;D Seriously, though, you should check out the Interior forum on here, there are quite a few post about intrument cluster restoration...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86736.0.html

Dave Kanofsky

I had Scott Erickson in Bartlett, IL do my Daytona's and my buddy's Road Runner.  He does great work at a reasonable price, has shelves of spare parts, and even has a "test Rig" dash out of a Charger in his basement to make sure everything is right.

PM me if you need contact info...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)