News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry car posted on Facebook

Started by hatersaurusrex, April 13, 2012, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model maker

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 19, 2012, 08:39:17 PM
Time will tell whether this guy is an idiot or a genius by posting his car onto a public domain.  :-\

It has been stated this guy does NOT want to be questioned or bothered by anyone  and will not make the car available for pictures ? Why post it to a public forum in the first place ?
MODEL MAKER

Indygenerallee

Yeah unless someone can find out exactly where this car is and take more pics it's unlikely anything else is ever heard of the car again...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

tan top

think this guy is having a joke !!   but hope i'm proved wrong !
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

thedodgeboys

model maker

Then the guy WHO posted it & started all this needs to go take more pictures from different angles ! he wanted all this attention & now he is gone it seems  :popcrn:
MODEL MAKER

DC_1

Ghoste

model maker

I guess he didn't count on ALL  of the attention this has recieved. :rotz: :popcrn:
MODEL MAKER

FastbackJon

Who goes up to a car like that and only takes one picture?

He's got to have more on his computer.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

nascarxx29

I have the movie on VHS.Im not seeing the air temp decal though glass looks like it might be tinted :Twocents:

Also its believed the original car was painted a 71 color curious yellow

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071424/faq

Aluminum rims differ from facebook pictured car  http://wtf-film.com/site/2011/04/05/dirty-mary-crazy-larry-race-with-the-devil/

More than 1 charger used maybe 3  http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle.php?id=2072
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Tom Q

Thanks to all for the entertainment. I am amazed how folks want to call this mystery car a fake right away and make conclusions based on [once again] long held, typically erroneous opinions...does the first built last sold daytona story ring a bell.???

I suppose many have not been around the mopar car culture long enough to understand that some very eccentric people own some of these very special cars, and most of the the times these very eccentric people have a very narrow [read different] view of the world and weird behavior.  So the eccentric peoples behavior appears weird to most folks because regular folks assume everyone looks at the world like they do. In addition those long held opinions based on little fact seem to rule the thinking when something odd comes out of the woodwork, like something every charger fan has been looking for...the DMCL car.

An open minded person would look at the car in question as the real thing and let the facts decide the conclusion.  

I think it's the real deal as no one has proven it is not.  When the not so regular people  post things in a public forum and get a rabid response from the general population  they become a bit afraid that some carpetbagger will steal their item of value so they go back down the gopher hole, not knowing whom to trust.

Never say never in the mopar world.
People scoff at the thought of a 1972 Hemi 'Cuda, or a 1972 440 six pak B body 4 speed, or even a 1969 Valiant 383 but i have news for you. Extensive research of the mopar car manufacturing culture for the 1972  model year indicates a very good possibility they built 2 hemi cudas; along with 7 automatic and 2 - 4 speed 6 pak B Bodies, totaling 9-   You have to look for the loopholes in the process of building cars in 1972 to determine the probability as well as the assembly plant cultures.  I can't prove they did not build these cars as the facts point to they did build these cars early on in the model year. Let the facts tell the story.  As far as stating all the information I have learned [so all of you armchair experts will have to change your opinions], that will happen when the story appears in print.

Ghoste

I've been around the Mopar hobby for 35 years and that has been long enough for me to see, yes some very unusual things, but also some incredible fakes being touted as the real thing.  Does the 70 Daytona ring a bell?  No one has proven that it is the car yet so until they do, a single photo of a flying saucer isnt enough for me.
I've never said it wasn't possible only that I didn't believe it, if that makes my mind closed then bring me the evidence to open it.  I look forward to the print story.

1974dodgecharger

Im gonna talk to Fonda about this......and ask about the motorcycle also.  :2thumbs:

DC_1

Oh great!...next Ghoste you will be telling me there isn't a Santa Claus which I know there is because I have a picture of him and I at the mall when I was eight! :yesnod:

Ghoste

For the record, I WANT to  be wrong.  I just need more evidence than a single photo.

Incidentally, you can put me in the same camp of skeptic when it comes to 1972 model Hemi cars too.  The 72 Six Pack oddities have been proven although the estimated number has apparently gone up recently.  Curious as to why that might be.  The 72 Hemi rumor seems strange in light of the fact that Chrysler was planning to do the Ball Stud Hemi as the replacement Hemi engine for the 1972 model year but gave up on it in 1969 when they realized it wouldn't be able to meet 1972 emission standards.  Could they have done it?  Yes.  Did they?  Who knows, but it is interesting that many of these unicorns didn't come out until after the last crazy musclecar price spike.

surmanajaja

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 30, 2012, 07:11:11 AM
Im gonna talk to Fonda about this......and ask about the motorcycle also.  :2thumbs:
what motorcycle? the one from "Easy rider"? I heard that one was stolen b4 the movie went to theatres, and they had to build a replica just for the promo pictures. It had a different style frame. I might be wrong and maybe You meant some other motorcycle, I dont remember any from DMCL but I am not really a bike guy anymore anyway...

Tilar

Quote from: Tom Q on April 30, 2012, 05:42:28 AM
An open minded person would look at the car in question as the real thing and let the facts decide the conclusion.  

A smart person would have strong reservations about the car in question because it is only one picture, and like has already been said, many many clones are out there. I think everyone here is open minded enough to be receptive of more information that might prove it to be real.  :Twocents:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Khyron

I can, I still have his email somewhere LOL

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Quote from: Tilar on April 30, 2012, 11:57:47 AM
A smart person would have strong reservations about the car in question because it is only one picture, and like has already been said, many many clones are out there. I think everyone here is open minded enough to be receptive of more information that might prove it to be real.  :Twocents:

agreed, too many attention hounds have come on here spouting crap, and this car goes against what the director and fornda have both said, 3 cars used. It had a lot of evidence AGAINST it being real, and the fact that the owner doesn't want attention... too much doesn't add up... [sarcasim]hell, in 40 years when my car is rotted and behind a fence somewhere maybe we can all do this over again, my stripe is right, also damage in teh rear quarter and a bent bumper... who knows, maybe I have the 4th car! [/sarcasim]

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Chris G.

Quote from: Tilar on April 30, 2012, 11:57:47 AM
Quote from: Tom Q on April 30, 2012, 05:42:28 AM

A smart person would have strong reservations about the car in question because it is only one picture, and like has already been said, many many clones are out there. I think everyone here is open minded enough to be receptive of more information that might prove it to be real.  :Twocents:

:2thumbs: Tilar  :iagree:

doctor4766

Quote from: GOTWING on May 01, 2012, 05:17:16 AM
:horse:
How so?
This is potentially a Holy Grail and needs to be discussed in order to get to the bottom of it.
Maybe it's just an old clone or maybe it aint.
I'm not convinced atm since any concrete evidence hasn't arisen yet, but I also hope it's the real deal.
Just sayin'
Gotta love a '69

Ghoste

Agreed, it certainly isn't like another "are four door Chargers bad or badass" thread.

doctor4766

Quote from: Ghoste on May 01, 2012, 05:46:14 AM
Agreed, it certainly isn't like another "are four door Chargers bad or badass" thread.
Lmao I wasn't gonna say that but you read my mind
Gotta love a '69

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: surmanajaja on April 30, 2012, 10:09:58 AM
what motorcycle? the one from "Easy rider"? I heard that one was stolen b4 the movie went to theatres, and they had to build a replica just for the promo pictures. It had a different style frame. I might be wrong and maybe You meant some other motorcycle, I dont remember any from DMCL but I am not really a bike guy anymore anyway...

hahaha..yeah easy rider since I got him on the phone I should ask more than jsut the car... :cheers: