News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry car posted on Facebook

Started by hatersaurusrex, April 13, 2012, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

Khyron

it's like looking at my car in 30 years LOL, stripes can be duplicated, mine is also dead on, mine had black buttons and mine also had no headrests....

I'm still not convinced.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

404NOTFOUND

I never thought this car was real but am starting to believe. Remember we were discussing a possible 4th car? We've seen '68 tailights and a car with odd looking '69 tailights welded in. The director said there were three cars. You know what? I bet there were three cars on set at all times but, what if one got smashed and was towed away at night after filming and then replaced the next day by another car from the studio shops? Still three cars on set. We really need to see the tailight panel on this car.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

FastbackJon

Looks like it could be the car to me. But then I would have to throw out everything Bert said if I were to believe there were only three cars and two were destroyed by the train.

I noticed the yard car has a rear-view mirror, which could have been added later. The yard car looks like it also might have that strange little speaker or tweeter in the dash up near the VIN.

And the yard car also looks like it was painted the correct GY3 at one point, not the banana yellow you see on most clones (Khyron's car being the exception).

I wonder if the guy has the 938 DAN plates.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

hemi-hampton

If I had to guess, The current owner bought at Auction smashed. Owner replaced fender, hood, grill, front bumper & Valance & bumped 1/4. Maybe drove a few short years like it is pictured or just parked in backyard soon afterwards. :shruggy:  LEON.

404NOTFOUND

Well, I'm back to thinking it is a clone. Have a look at the pics on the biggest DMCL study thread we ever did here.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,88362.0.html

In every pic on every car in the movie, the wheels have chrome center caps. This car we are looking at has black center caps. There are lots of slotted mags around and many look the same even today. The difference is usually the center caps. Good enough for most clones but not good enough to fool us here.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

thedodgeboys

Perhaps  :o or the cheep covering flacked off of the plastic cap from years of neglect...

redmist

The door on both cars looks tweaked up at the back where it latches also... Almost exact.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Indygenerallee

Exactly, I don't think center caps make that much difference, as "thedodgeboys" said that plastic chrome flakes off over many years even then they could have been swapped out for who knows what reason, I don't think center caps will rule out it being a clone or the real deal!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

69charger2002

my initial opinion after looking at the length of time that car has been sitting, coupled with the fact that when that car was parked there, no one gave a rat's ass about a 69 charger, much less a dirty mary crazy larry car, leads me to believe the car is real. remember this was probably parked there before Dukes of Hazzard was even thought up, and no one was cloning anything. if it was barn fresh looking, i would be 50/50. based on that car obviously sitting in the same spot for 30+ years, it's hard to imagine it not being real..  :Twocents:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1974dodgecharger

talked to the guy on facebook he saids its 'legit' I believe him...only becuase I chatted with him he looked like a nice guy.....

Indygenerallee

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

paironines

The top looks like a remote mirror and a non remote by the stem/base. Idk......

tracpack440

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 16, 2012, 09:51:04 PM
talked to the guy on facebook he saids its 'legit' I believe him...only becuase I chatted with him he looked like a nice guy.....
Please ask this guy to post some pics. post the first 5-6 of the vin# Prove it is real.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Ghoste

I'd like to see a copy of the title indicating the studio.

Indygenerallee

Anybody got ahold of the guy on facebook to see if he can snap anymore pics??? I can't get ahold of him.

GOTWING

Someone should send the picture into "cars in bars" website! That should stir up the pot! :D

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 17, 2012, 07:14:58 PM
Anybody got ahold of the guy on facebook to see if he can snap anymore pics??? I can't get ahold of him.
he kind of avoids the question of more photos but here are two messages he posted on my wall

Lon Marshalk It's the real deal. Unfortunatly the owner will not part with it and does not want to be bothered with anybody about it. NOT FOR SALE even if he is sadly letting it rot away in his backyard. He has "visions & dreams" for his kids future with this car. Title tells all. He is the second owner beyond 20th Century Fox Productions. Bought it at auction in 1977.
      Yesterday at 8:08am · Unlike · 1
    Lon Marshalk The owner already has enough money so he told me. He wouldn't put a price on it to sell it he told me, and doesn't want to sell it. He just plans on restoring it himself along with his youngest son accourding to him. From what I know of the owner, he means it but isn't ever probably going to actually get around doing it and that is a shame.
    Yesterday at 10:38am · Like

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

no backup, no more info, no more pictures... case closed.... not the real deal...

down doesn't need money? I live in a trailer now and it's in better shape then that house LOL

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

2nd owner since 20th Century Fox?  Hmm, could this be Berts car and the dealership he got it from sold it at auction?  Of course if he is the second owner, would it sitll indicate the studio on the title?

model maker

MODEL MAKER

Kern Dog

I know that people have rights and all, but when you see these cars sitting and rotting away. it just sucks. Sometimes these owners are disabled and barely above the poverty level. No tools nor the garage to restore the car either.

FastbackJon

Restoring it? Why do people think they have to take something like that and restore it?

Don't they watch antiques roadshow?  :yesnod:

You restore something, and it loses character. And I'm talking about a restoration that involves new paint, swapping out panels, cutting off roofs and selling them, so that only a windshield is left of the original car. Fixing the mechanicals so that it's drivable again is great, but I don't think they should have even swapped the hood or fender. Look what it does, causes more doubt as to the authenticity of the car. If we could see the original hood, bumper and fender, in it's bent shape, it would be much more plausible.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

Stating the obvious but if that one isnt restored soon there wont be anything left to restore.  And a rebody is not a restoration.