News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

F&F Charger interview

Started by JB400, September 20, 2014, 12:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

The fit and finish on that piece is whole lot better than I had thought.Looks good with the  gloss paint. Also looks like a ton of fun to drive.

SovereignZuul

I have all intention right now to build my '70 into a clone of the (1st) movie car, minus the fake blower, I wouldn't settle for a phoney blower.  We'll see what I can pull off as my project is just getting started....
1970 Dodge Charger - 1969 Dodge Dart - 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - 1997 Dodge Neon (Sold for Charger Parts)

Mike DC

That car's fit & finish has more to do with Bob Hartwig than the movie crew itself. 

It's interesting how they keep tweaking that car a little each movie.  It's a black 1970 Charger with aftermarket wheels, gutted interior, and no door scoops.  Everything else is open for interpretation.  It even showed up without the supercharger for a while during the 5th movie.

When the first movie came out, I remember Mopar guys griped a lot that the Charger looked like an outdated cartoon of a muscle car.  But it never seemed to occur to anybody that the story called for exactly that!  Vinnie's father built the car decades earlier and it sat parked until 2001.  The 1980s Pro Street look made perfect sense in the story.

And sure enough, as soon as (the fictional car) started getting rebuilt in present times, it started looking modernized. 

myk

I love that car.  I will also be forever grateful for the 'Fast movies giving muscle cars, Mopars and Chargers the screen time, recognition and awe that they deserve...

SovereignZuul

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 20, 2014, 08:39:48 PMWhen the first movie came out, I remember Mopar guys griped a lot that the Charger looked like an outdated cartoon of a muscle car.

That's what sold it for me though!  When I saw the movie the first time as a teenager I didn't even know what Mopar was!  :rofl:

I just knew I HAD to have that car.  Love at first sight.
1970 Dodge Charger - 1969 Dodge Dart - 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - 1997 Dodge Neon (Sold for Charger Parts)

redmist

I remember watching the first movie in theaters when it came out..... I drove my Charger that night.  :icon_smile_big:

After the movie, rolling through the parking lot as people wandered out of the cinema.  :o :o :o :o :o

Yup.... It was a good time! hahaha

As a side note, I had a young guy in a built Subaru at a gas station about fall over when I pulled up in the Charger a couple months ago. He was amazed to see it... He said he had only ever seen one in the movies, and in video games growing up. It's like he saw a Lamborghini or something. These cars are damn cool!!!!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

1974dodgecharger

The 2ng gens IMO have a menacing look to them and them being rare, well its like a unicorn. 

Yes it's scary driving car with manual everything and no traction control.  ALL RAW POWER!

Ghoste

I don't find it scary at all.  :shruggy:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 21, 2014, 05:40:53 PM
I don't find it scary at all.  :shruggy:

its normal for us we are used to it.....when I drive a modern car I realized how much the modern car actually drives for me and you can almost fall asleep while driving them....

then I get back in my car and realize damn....im ALIVE!!!!

Ghoste