News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting car for sale, w/ fender tag discrepancy?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, April 12, 2012, 09:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

So the car should have headrests, right? Built after Jan1, 1969, I thought that was the cut-off  :scratchchin:

Anyways, interesting car, and nice weld in the center of the trunk.  :popcrn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-R-T-SE-Charger-440-auto-transmission-Power-steering-and-brakes-/150796120692?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item231c263274#ht_20223wt_883

bakerhillpins

I don't know that there is anything wrong with the tag in this case as the individual that restored the car may have just not bothered to put the head rests back in when doing the restore.. or the car didn't have any seats and they put in what they were able to source.    :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 12, 2012, 09:23:01 AM
I don't know that there is anything wrong with the tag in this case as the individual that restored the car may have just not bothered to put the head rests back in when doing the restore.. or the car didn't have any seats and they put in what they were able to source.    :shruggy:

Very likely  :scratchchin:

hemigeno

Scheduled production dates are just that... scheduled.  It's possible the car could have been built before Jan. 1st.  That's hard to prove either way.

More likely, it was built after the cutoff and during the restoration the seats were changed out or recovered without the headrests/bezels by someone who didn't understand that headrests were not coded on the Fender tag (or even Broadcast sheet once they became mandatory).  Maybe the owner just didn't like 'em and left them off...  He obviously didn't like T5 Bronze.   :shruggy: