News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EVER HAD ONE GET AWAY????

Started by DadsCharger00, September 24, 2012, 12:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

In response to the theft of the 70, I was curious, what's the one Charger that got away for any of you all? The charger you could've/should've bought, and didn't that you wish you had? Sure it's been covered here before, but I like a good story!

Dino

A pretty crappy looking 69 when I was driving a 68.  I didn't have the money for it nor the space to store it but if I had known that two weeks later he would've sold it for less than half his asking price AND the new owner thought the doh jumps were not edited, I could've saved that one.   :rotz:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

It wasn't a Charger, but a 69 Satellite. My dad wanted me to get it, but I wanted the Charger. Satellite run and drove, Charger still doesn't. Still saving pennies.  Now the Satellite still runs, but is just garage kept on a dirt floor and moved maybe twice a year.

71charger_fan

A '71 R/T. Rust free 440 car with a dented driver's fender and a spun bearing for $1200 in the late '80s. I didn't have the money to have it hauled from way down in VA to my house in MD.

cdr

in 1979 69 running & driving daytona.2500.00  :brickwall: :brickwall: :2guns: :-\
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Old Moparz

Back around 1983 or so, I was hunting for a rust free Charger to replace my rot box Charger. Mine ran good & had a mint tan interior, but it had lots of bondo & no after market panels were available yet. One car I went to see was a 1970 Charger, but I don't recall anything special about it other than it was slightly better in the body than mine. Except for the crappy, flip up, sunroof that the seller put in it. It was sealed with what looked like roofing tar.   ::)

I passed on it because of the sunroof, & even after he said to offer him something, I still said no. I don't recall what he was asking, probably about $700 or $800, but I wasn't getting involved with a roof project. Less than a month later I was in a local junkyard, & sure enough, there was the tarred, sunroof Charger half stripped of whatever was on it. It probably would be an easy fix now & something I'd buy, but those cheapo sunroofs destroyed more value to a car back then than a crack house does to a suburban neighborhood.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mopar Nut

Mine was a 70 Challenger T/A for $3,500.00 at a used car dealer in the early 80's. :brickwall: At the time, I was looking for a 70 hemi challenger convertible. My parents said I was stupid for looking at old cars. Bought a new 84 Honda CRX for $7,200.00 and a 70 Challenger SE with a 318 $400.00.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

GordonGriggs

In 1986 I was going to college and one of the guys told his wife had a 1969 Dodge charger that she wanted to get rid of. I went and looked at it and it was a 44 rt car with a 318 engine. It was in running condition but not road worthy. Interior was trashed, and the body had the normal rust around back rear window, and lower quarters, and a few dents. I could have bought it for $100, but I could not find anywhere to keep it.
  Somone told the guy how much the car was really worth and he decided not to sell it. I went by the house years later and the car was gone.

Homerr

20 years ago when I was looking for my first Mopar I waffled too long on a '70 Challenger that the guy wanted $3500 for.  It was a white 340/4-spd car with a shaker hood and was a decent driver.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Homerr

Yeah, well there was a '70 Barracuda that I didn't get at the same time as well.  It was $2800, 318 converted to 383, column auto, shaker, a mix of red primer and light green paint, partial interior, mechanically sound.  Those were the days!

I settled on getting a '69 Charger.   ;)
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91842.0.html

41husk

I had cut a deal on a 72 Rallye (one of my favorite 3rd gens) but do to wrestling school Etc. I could not make arrangements to pick up.  Lost my deposit and should have made time to drive to north Carolina and pick it up :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chryco Psycho

My 70 Charger R/T was destroyed in a garage fire set by vandels